Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2001, 12:19 PM
First Mate

Default Using Port promotions as tour

Has anyone booked their tours through portpromotions that can give me some advice as to whether or not we should use the cruise ships tours or those offered by port promotions.
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Using Port promotions as tour

I did not use them because we were not part of a group. They approached me on-line for our Europe itinerary last year, but would only do small groups not individuals. I understand they may do individuals in the Caribbean. They appear to be very professional and you may wish to ask the Cruisemates Staff about the agency. I believe they also work with this company for the cruisemates cruises.
Worth checking out.
Bon Voyage
Old March 9th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Barb,
I haven't used them myself, but have heard from others that have and had a wonderful time. If you have enough people going on the tour, they would be perfect, have fun.

Donnassei
Old July 17th, 2001, 12:57 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

We used them in Aruba for a jeep tour on our last cruise. We were not at all happy with the tour and I emailed them about our experience. Got the regular canned response about them looking into it and will get back to me. Never heard a thing. It has been well over a year. I will never use them again.
We began this tour on the wrong foot as they were about 30 minutes late meeting us at the dock. We then went by van to where their jeeps were kept and again had to wait about 15 minutes for them to get the jeeps ready for us.The jeeps were in much worse condition than the ones used by other groups. We made one stop at a little church and were there well over 40 minutes in the hot sun with no shade and nothing to drink. They said they had forgotten the ice and were waiting for someone to bring it. They finally arrived and we each got a watered down canned fruit punch drink. This was our refreshment stop. What was billed as a lunch on the beach, ended up a lunch in a little resturant which was nowhere near the beach. The food there was ok. At the end of the tour, we were dropped at a hotel on the opposite end of the island (where a group on our tour were staying) and had to chase the van driver down in the parking lot after we realized they thought we were all staying there. He then called and arranged for someone to take us back to the ship.
Jan