Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2001, 08:21 AM
JWP

Default Dunn's River Falls Tour

I have read many posts that mention Peat Taylor Tours to Dunn's River Falls. Does anyone know how you hook up with Peat? Also how much does it cost going with Peat Taylor? We don't go for almost a year, but we are already excited!
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Cheri

Default Re: Dunn's River Falls Tour

I have no idea of tour cost-but you can go there and climb it yourself. Cruise ships always have excursion going there-but you can taxi ride there as well. It all depends on your physical ability and sense of adventure. It is a cool place-must see. Have fun.
Old March 21st, 2001, 03:56 PM
Jennifer L

JWP - here is the e-mail I received from Peat. We will be taking his tour in the beginning of April. Hope this helps.

I take pleasure in forwarding the following proposal as requested:

I will refer to the docking itinerary and make the necessary arrangements,
should this package be accepted. The tour consists of:

1. A visit to the renowned Dunn’s River Falls
2. Highlighted Shopping tours
3. A visit to Fern Gully, a picturesque location with various species
of ferns.
4. A country side tour through a Jamaican neighborhood
5. Optional visit to the beach of your choice, or other location of
interest in Ocho Rios.
6. Tour last approximately 41/2 hours

This package will cost US$25.00 per adult and US$15.00 for children under
twelve (12) Years. (inclusive of cost for admission to Dunn’s River Fall)You can pay in cash on Completion of tour.

For quick identification I will have a name card “Peat Taylor” in my hand at
the main entrance after exiting the pier at (8:30 )a.m.

Please send a confirmation so that I can make proper arrangements, Thank
you.

Waiting your response
Sincerely,

Peat Taylor
Old March 21st, 2001, 04:10 PM
JWP

Jennifer - How did you get in touch with Peat Taylor? The tour sounds great. Thanks for your help.
Old March 25th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Jennifer L

Hi JWP -- I e-mailed him. Here is his e-mail address: oneiltay@cwjamaica.com

I am not sure if the information I gave you has his phone number in it, but he responds very quickly and usually it contains his phone number, I believe.

I will post this and then, check my last reply to you to see if it has the phone number. Sorry I hadn't written back earlier...been busy packing!! We leave 3-31.

Jennifer
Old March 25th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Jennifer L

Oops -- it didn't. Here is the information from his e-mail.

"HEY MON NO PROBLEM" TOURS
BONHAM SPRING, LODGE P.O. ST. ANN
Jamaica W.I.
TEL: 876 975 0028
FAX: 876 975 0205

E-MAIL:oneiltay@cwjamaica.com

Sorry 'bout that!

Jennifer
Old March 28th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Texas

Go with Peat Taylor. I just returned from the Voyager, 3/11/01 and booked his tour via email. It cost $25/pp and was worth every penny. He is very knowledgable and accomodating. We climbed Dunn's River Falls first. We avoided all the crowds. It was 5 of us in the group going up the falls. It was so much fun. The guide stopped and took pictures of us as we climbed. It was very personable. The groups after us were 20 - 30 people. You have to hold hands as you climb. So the less people on your chain the better.

Afterwards, we went on a tour of Ocho Rios and the Fern Gullies. Peat was excellent. He even took us back to the ship to change clothes and eat lunch. He came back and picked us up and took us shopping. We shopped for a few hours and then he took us back to the ship. This was my best excursion, especially if this is your first cruise. The vans were air conditioned and clean.

Highly recommend Peat Taylor.
Old April 11th, 2001, 04:09 PM
Jennifer L

Got back Saturday - still going through cruise withdrawal. We (husband, 7 yr old and I) were the only ones on Peat's bus. He dropped us off at the Falls, we were a little slow getting our lotion on, lockers, etc., so we were behind our cruise ships (Sea Princess) shore excursion that we had signed up for but cancelled to go with Peat. But, we decided to do it on our own...we kinda followed the path of the HUGE hand-holding group ahead of us, but quite honestly, it is easier if you don't have to hold hands and just help each other if they need help up the rocks. We didn't tip the tour guides because we did the Falls ourselves. They didn't seem too harassing to the tourists, though.
We exited the area where we entered so as to avoid the kiosks/booths which we heard were very harassing to the tourists. Peat was there and then, took us to Fern Gully Forest - stopping along the way to show us plants and take pictures. He then, at our request, drove around the area so we could get an idea of how the Jamaican people lived and see more of the area than just the Falls. He dropped us off at Soni Plaza which was across the street from the "craft" market. We actually liked the craft market better...be sure to bargain with the people. Also, they pretty much have the same stuff in each booth. To avoid too much bothering of us, we asked if they had any wooden puzzles (which our 4 year old back home loves). Once they said they didn't, they couldn't really bother us to look more.
Peat was great - nice...and we felt safe.
Old May 10th, 2001, 11:02 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark

Can you tell me how to contact pete?