Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2001, 04:55 PM
stargzr

Default Tortola

We are sailing 30 March on Celebrity and would like to go to Virgin Gorda on our own (to the BATHS) any ideas????
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2001, 11:26 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Tortola

Hi,

Welcome to the Mercury cruise!!! Please give me your e-mail if you'd like to be included in a sail away gathering on board. I am in touch with about 9 other couples and groups fromthis board and we'd love to meet you too.

There is ferry service to Virgin Gorda from Tortola and then you can get a cab to the baths. I am not sure how the cost compares to takling the shore excursion but the good things is that you'll be on your own schedule.

We (my wife and I) are interested in finding our way over to Norman Island and snorkeling in the caves. We are having a hard time finding a way over there on our own though so we may just do the sialing excursion or go out on tortola to a beach and laze the day away.

Be in touch!! And join me for Cruise Chat on Thursday night at 10:30 eastern / 7:30 pacific.

Jeff Hobbs (Hobbsey) and Becky Price
Old March 27th, 2001, 09:21 AM
LovetheSea

We will be on your cruise as well! I found this today. It has all the ferry info from Tortola. See you at the Sky Bar right after the lifeboat drill?

http://www.islandsonline.com/
Old April 16th, 2001, 07:30 PM
hctjdc

You might do well to plan your own trip for Virgin Gorda. On our Mercury cruise a few weeks ago there was NO excursion available (at first) although one was listed for the Baths in the brochure. We signed up for the Tortola highlights & Cane Garden Beach. At the last minute they scheduled a trip to Virgin Gorda. We decided to stick with the original plan & were happy with the trip we took. There was still time to wander in Road Town,& visit Pusser's for a libation, If your heart is set on Virgin Gorda you may have to go on your own. This was our first time to BVI but not the last. It is truly a beautiful place. Have fun!