Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2001, 09:06 AM
simatravel

Default Grand Cayman - Seven Mile Beach

We would like to spend a day on the beach and the Seven Mile Beach is the place to go. Could somebody tell me the easiest way to get there and the best place to go on the beach. Do we have to pay? How much?

Thank you

ES
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2001, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Cayman - Seven Mile Beach

My husband and I went last year on the Triumph. We purchased tickets on the ship that gave us a ride to Seven Mile Beach, 1 drink each and the use of their lounges. I can't find our receipt but know it wasn't very much. I'm thinking around $12.00. On that ticket it specifies what beach to go to. Our driver dropped us off at the wrong place so had to walk about 1/2 mile to where we were suppose to be. Sorry I don't have the name of the place we went to. You should be able to get that info on the ship you're going on.
Old May 9th, 2001, 10:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Cayman - Seven Mile Beach

simatravel,

The easiest way to get to and from seven mile beach is by taxi. Taxis are readily available at both the tender pier in George Town and all of the hotels and clubs located along the beach. There's a beach club that offers lockers, changing facilities, and rest rooms at very nominal cost, and several resort hotels have bars on the beach where you can get beverages and restaurants where you can buy lunch. The local specialty is called "Sex on the Beach" -- and it is pretty potent.

On the way back to the ship, be sure to browse through George Town's duty-free shopping district opposite the tender pier. Overall, the merchandise there is the highest quality that I have seen anywhere in the Caribbean and the prices are quite reasonable. The rumcake stand in the center of the plaza (http://www.rumcakes.com) offers samples of some pretty tasty and unique souvenirs, too (my favorite is the coconut rum cake).

BTW, be sure to add 25% to all quoted prices in Grand Cayman before agreeing to any transactions. Prices there sound deceptively cheap because the Cayman Island dollar is pegged at $1.25 in our currency.

Norm.