Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2001, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What do you recommend in Montego Bay Jamaica?

My huband & I and our 2 girls (ages 4 & 13) will be going on our first cruise in Sept on the Inspiration. I was wondering what is recommended as far as excursions/places to go while in Montego Bay Jamaica? I would love to go to Dunn's Falls, but do you think that is too far to go while in port? Any suggestions would be appreciated also for Cozumel & Grand Cayman. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What do you recommend in Montego Bay Jamaica?

Hi Darlene,
Just make sure to snorkel with the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman, well worth it, its awesome! If you do enjoy snorkeling, in Cozumel, go to Chankanaab Park, good snorkeling. When we cruised to Jamaica, we were closer to Dunns Rivers falls and also enjoyed climbing the falls, not sure how far you are away?? Happy
Cruising!

Donnassei
Old May 14th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Brittany

Default Re: What do you recommend in Montego Bay Jamaica?

Hey! I went on the Celebration cruise when I was 13, and so I know that your daughter at least will enjoy this cruise. We ported in Montego Bay and we found a taxi that would take us around all day for $100 for 8 people. We went to Ocho Rios and had plenty of time to climb the waterfall, shop, and stop at a famous Jerk Chicken Hut! The taxi drivers take their job seriously and will not let you down. They will take you wherever you want and take care of you while there. A man wouldn't leave us alone at a shopping place and our taxi driver told him to get lost and leave us alone. The man listened to him and left. Make sure and ask to visit a jerk chicken hut as the whole experience is amazing. You will be served breadfruit and chicken and it is definately not to be missed. You will have plenty of time and you will have a great time! Hope things go well!

Brittany