Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Default What are the best shore excursions in St. Lucia, S

What are the best things to do in Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Martin?
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Spike

Default Re: What are the best shore excursions in St. Luci

Last Sept. I actually took the (what was it called) Souffree Cruise or something like that in St Lucia...Actually, it was one of the highlights of my vacation...It took most of the Day @ St. Lucia, but was well worth it...It was actually a Boat ride to the Volcano & on the way back we did some Excellent snorkeling. The crew went above & beyond to make the trip fun...plenty of Rum punch...We had a blast...Highly reccomend!!
Old May 11th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Admiral

When in Barbados, you may want to try Tiami cruises snorkeling and swim with turtles....includes a nice lunch and drinks. They leave right out of Bridgetown.

If you prefer to just spend some time on a great beach....hop in a cab to Crane's Beach....most beautiful white sand beach with great body surfing.

ST LUCIA:

Just came back from a week in St. Lucia....here are my suggestions:

One if by land -- Two if by sea …. Our favorite excursions in St. Lucia!

I just spent my first wonderful week in St. Lucia April 17 to 24. We rented a car and drove the island to explore at our own leisure, which I highly recommend, although not for the faint of heart! We also took a land tour to explore the east coast and the Maria Islands and hired a very friendly local named Junior and his boat the Regina for a private charter sea excursion. These excursions were truly our best and most memorable experiences on the island.

One:

Tom Trim of Trim Tours provides a fun and educational trip to the Maria Islands on the southeast coast of St. Lucia. The trip includes pickup in a nice, roomy air-conditioned van with stops along the way at points of interest and to view some breathtaking scenery, a short fun ride in a small fishing boat over to Maria Island Major where you will explore the island plant and wildlife and snorkeling in the crystal clear water. Once back on the mainland you are treated to a nice creole lunch at Chak Chak. Tom Trim is a very gracious, knowledgeable and entertaining host. You will feel that you are sightseeing with a friend you have known for many years! This is an A+ tour and great for kids.
Tom Trim will also set up a more personalized tour of St. Lucia. Check out his website at www.trimtours.com.

Two:

For those of you who would love to see St. Lucia by sea, there are many choices, catamarans, Brig Unicorn, etc. Although I thought that I would take one of these excursions, having rented a car and seeing the sights on our own (Soufriere, volcano, botanical gardens) that these excursions take you to (which we ran into the mob scene in Soufriere when all the catamarans and Brig Unicorn dock and everyone is being loaded onto buses to the volcano, etc.) we only wanted a leisurely trip down the west coast and some snorkeling.

We met up with Junior at Reduit Beach our first day in St. Lucia and decided to take a trip with him on the Regina on our last full day. It was awesome! After spending the week on the go it was so nice to sit back and truly relax. Junior is a very experience seaman and the Regina is a nice comfortable 25-foot motorized fishing boat. Junior makes you feel right at home and provides an abundant supply of Pitons, rum punch, soda and water. He also introduced us to St. Lucian coconut turnovers…..so good! We cruised down the west coast from Rodney Bay to Soufriere with stops in Castries and Marigot Bay. We had lunch in Soufriere at the Old Courthouse (very good) and then over to Anse Chastenet for snorkeling. Junior and his first mate, Tony, enlightened us along the way pointing out areas of interest and homes of the rich and famous. What a way to end our trip to St. Lucia! You can reach Junior in St. Lucia at 758-484-9014 or email him at ReginaJ9@hotmail.com.

St. Lucia photo attached
Old May 13th, 2001, 11:42 PM
Katherine

I think it is in Barbados that they have the incredible caverns some 2 miles under ground where you can take a tour of the lime stone formations. Beware if you are closterphobic though. There are also some great ruins there, if I remember the island correctly. This itiniary is the So. Carib on Dawn Princess -- is that what you are planning for? St Maarten shopping is really nice. The stores are really colorful and interesting. Also, there is the sailing regatta trip where you can sail with the US team, which many of our co-passengers on Dawn raved about. Katherine