Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2001, 01:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Is Montego Bay as bad as I've heard??

I am disappointed that I've heard such bad comments about Montego Bay, Jamaica. I was thinking Jamaica would be the highlight of our vacation. Can anyone tell me what they would recommend a family of 4 (2 kids ages 4 & 13) do while in Montego Bay? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Brittany

Default Re: Is Montego Bay as bad as I've heard??

Hey! I went on the Celebration cruise when I was 13, and so I know that your daughter at least will enjoy this cruise. We ported in Montego Bay and we found a taxi that would take us around all day for $100 for 8 people. We went to Ocho Rios and had plenty of time to climb the waterfall, shop, and stop at a famous Jerk Chicken Hut! The taxi drivers take their job seriously and will not let you down. They will take you wherever you want and take care of you while there. A man wouldn't leave us alone at a shopping place and our taxi driver told him to get lost and leave us alone. The man listened to him and left. Make sure and ask to visit a jerk chicken hut as the whole experience is amazing. You will be served breadfruit and chicken and it is definately not to be missed. You will have plenty of time and you will have a great time! Hope things go well!

Brittany
Old July 26th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry

I was in Montego Bay 2 years ago but I did not take the Ocho Rios excursion. Everyone I heard from said they loved it. I was not impressed in the least with Montego Bay ... dirty. We took a plantation tour and that was a joke. Go on the Ocho Rios one.
Old August 28th, 2001, 10:17 PM
Lillian

Well I haven't gone to Montego Bay but I went to Ocho Rios. I didn't like it. Jamaica may be famous but the people are not friendly and the first thing they offered us was marijuana. If you take a picture of them, you have to pay them for the picture taken. They talk to the tourists not in a friendly way, so if you go there, take care and be careful.

Hope you have a good trip.