Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2001, 03:29 PM
First Mate

Default Best things to do in St. Kitts and Barbados (inclu

What are the best things to do in St. Kitts and Barbados? What is the best beach for swimming, not snorkeling?
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Hampton, Sheila

Default Re: Best things to do in St. Kitts and Barbados (i

I haven't been to St. Kitts. but I can tell you about a great place in Barbados..
Its the Sam Lords Castle Resort...great beach, good food...very very clean...
Only cost 5 to 10 American dollars to get access...Taxi ride there from the
port was 15.00 dollars..round trip
Old June 13th, 2001, 09:41 PM
Passenger

On St Kitts, the tour of Brimstone Hill Fortress is very scenic, offering views of the island from 780 feet above sea level. Along the way, a stop at the Caribelle Batik Studios and Romney Gardens is worthwhile. We took a ship's tour there, but it would be quite easy to take a cab.

Any scenic tour of Barbados would be recommended. Again, cabs are easy to come by. The Atlantic Coast is beautiful, and unlike the rest of the island. We did a photography tour, which focused on scenic and historic places, of which there are many, but was not necessarily only for photographers.

Can't help you with the beaches, but these are a couple of options.
Old June 13th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Sharon,

I second Tom's recommendation of the Brimstone Hill Fortress (known as the Gibraltar of the West) -- or, better yet, take the island tour from the ship, which includes the fortress -- on St. Kitts.

I can highly recommend two excursions on Barbados. The first is a fairly new tour that visits Orchid World, followed by a tour of the great house and tea at Sunbury Plantation. The second is the "Five Star Catamaran with Lunch" if you prefer to go swimming and/or snorkeling.

Norm.
Old June 17th, 2001, 02:53 PM
DC

My family is from Barbados and I would second the advice on going to Sunbury Plantation. The tour of this house is excellent. In addition, some tours offer a yummy lunch at the Plantation with traditional Bajan cuisine.
Old June 21st, 2001, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Last February we were in St. Kitts and took a tour with Greg's Safari Tour. I know, very cheesy name for a tour, but it was very interesting!!! If you are interested in seeing some of the island from the backroads and catching some of the history of the island then you would enjoy this. We were taken thru some of the sugar plantations and mansions (now long past their glory days) and right thru the sugar cane fields and up over the hills to the other side of the island. Very enjoyable if something like this is your cup of tea. VERY bumpy too.
Old June 28th, 2001, 12:43 PM
FrankM

Harrison's Cave, on Barbados, is an excellent tour to take.It's one of the best cave tours I have taken. You ride on a string of electric golf-cart like cars through the cave. You stop periodically to take photos. A great tour. This stop was also coupled with other stops, but I can't remember their names.

FrankM