Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2001, 12:37 AM
First Mate

Default Where are all the deals???

The last couple years we've booked our winter cruises quite far in advance and got some great early booking deals. Is there a reason we're not seeing as many this year? We've found a few, but none that make us drop everything and scramble to book it, like the last couple years. I know there are more and bigger ships being built, so certainly the supply is at least as high as the demand ... can anyone weigh in on this?
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: Where are all the deals???

Tom:
I, too, thought there would be more price wars with all the new ships......just haven't seen a lot of that yet. I have seen some good deals for Alaska, but nothing too impressive for the Caribbean yet. Good luck in your search and let us know if you find anything.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old June 27th, 2001, 03:03 PM
Admiral

RCI & Celebrity ran a great Instant Purchase deal at the beginning on May. It was only run for a short period of time, but from these many cruise forums, it sounded very successful. I am sure something great will come your way.
Old July 16th, 2001, 07:07 AM
Bobby

I, too, am puzzled by the lack of real deals this year as compared to 2000. With the economy being soft, I have heard from travel companies that bookings for cruises are way down. More ships with less people traveling should equal some incredible savings, but I haven't seen them. I cruise in Nov. and Dec. when rates are down. There's nothing spectacular out there yet. Last year I was seeing seven-day cruises going for $399 and one for $299 in the late fall including port and taxes. The best I am seeing now is about $499. Perhaps the cruise lines would rather have fewer people at better prices.
Old August 29th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Admiral

What you are saying is that $499 for a seven day winter time carib cruise is not a deal? Presuming you are looking at ships that you do not have to row, I'd jump all over $499.
Most of the off price cruise lines like Premiere are gone.
Please post any $299 cruises (on a real ship) so that the rest of us can go at that price.