Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2001, 10:58 AM
First Mate

Default Restaurant In Old San Juan

Any recommendation on a good restaurant in Old San Juan for lunch?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2001, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Restaurant In Old San Juan

Hi, Paul ...

Lots of them. What are you looking for in terms of what to eat, how much to spend, etc.

pamda -- CruiseMates First Time Cruisers Editor and Part-Time Puerto Rican
Old July 28th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Admiral

For lunch ...

El Patio de Sam just across from the San Jose church or Butterfly People which, I think, is on Fortaleza.

There is also an outdoor restaurant area just in front of the chapel on Cristo Street.

Another possibility is La Barrachina. The outdoor restaurant at El Convento is also very nice. The indoor one is heaven.

If you need adresses and stuff, just ask.

pamda -- CruiseMates First-Time Cruisers Editor and part-time Puerto Rican
Old July 31st, 2001, 02:29 PM
Paul Sutton

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I got it after I started my cruise. I just came back from a week on the Explorer, and we had a blast. I will save your information for when we sail on the Adventurer in the future. Thanks again.
Old August 1st, 2001, 04:26 PM
ltbgirl

We are cruising on the Explorer in February to Eastern Caribbean. How did you like the Explorer?
Old August 1st, 2001, 04:38 PM
ltbgirl

We are cruising on the Explorer in February to Eastern Caribbean. How did you like the Explorer?Paul Sutton wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I got it after I started
> my cruise. I just came back from a week on the Explorer, and
> we had a blast. I will save your information for when we
> sail on the Adventurer in the future. Thanks again.
Old August 3rd, 2001, 02:03 PM
Paul Sutton

One of the best vacations I have ever taken in my life. The Explorer was our first cruise, but won't be our last. We have already started planning to go on the Adventure of the Seas next year. The ship is like being in a huge resort hotel. Unless you are on deck, you have to constantly remind yourself that you are on a ship. Many seasoned cruisers that we met on the ship stated the following: "There is no way that I could sail on a smaller ship again".

I could write for hours about how much fun we had on the ship. A brief overview follows:

The ship was immaculately clean, the food was much better than everyone said it was going to be, the ports of call were great, the entertainment was good, the cabins were bigger than I thought they were going to be and the service and personnel were efficient, friendly and lots of fun to deal with. And yes I did the rock climbing (although I only made it 3/4 of the way up).

Please feel free to email me if you have specific questions about my trip or about the Explorer. I'd love to talk about it with you.

Paul