Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2001, 08:05 PM
SteveM

Default St.Lucia - Anse Cochon Beach info

All,

My wife and I will be sailing Celebrity's Summit this coming October and our first port will be St. Lucia (Castries). Celebrity doesn't appear to offer very many excursions at St. Lucia so we will venture out on our own.
My wife and I would like to spend the day on a nice, tranquil, romantic beach and from what I have been reading, Anse Cochon Beach, with it's black sand and clam waters, is ranked quite high on the romantic beach list.
The problem is, I can't find any information on how to get there, other than it is supposedly only accessible by boat.
Anyone have any infomation on this beach??? How you actually get to the beach...what it's like, etc.???

Thanks very much,
~SteveM
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2001, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric
Default Re: St.Lucia - Anse Cochon Beach info

5 years ago on rhyndam, took catamaran cruise to sufriere that was advertised to stop at anse chochon. I had read it was 2nd best snorkelling beach on Island. Boat stopped instead at marigot probably because skipper got kickbacks from bars. excuse was sea to rough at anse cochon, look perfectly normal as we sailed past. have now stopped 3 times at st lucia , not our favorite island. taxis unreliable & expensive, would not risk a trip to anse cochon unless you fancy missing ship & stopping there. We are due to call again at xmas, will possibly not get of the ship unless we fancy a ships tour !!