Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2001, 09:10 AM
arlenerup

Default San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel

We are looking for a hotel in San Juan For November 30th. We are flying down the day prior to our RCCL cruise. Would like something as close as possible to the airport and / or the ship pier. We are cruising with a group of friends and family (16 adults).
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel

Arlene there is a lot of discussion on these boards about pre & post cruise hotels at San Juan. For just one night right in Old San Juan there are 3 that are consistently recommended in their order of expense: Hotel Milano, El Convento and the Wyndham OLD San Juan which is right across from the pier. Log on to prtourism.com and print out their hotel list which will include direct telephone numbers. Since you have so many people, you may wish to pre-determine just how many rooms you need then you would be able to discuss reserving a BLOCK of rooms and negotiating a reduced price. Your TA may be able to help, too. You may wish to give this some priority, as booking less than 6 months out, you may have some difficulty getting that many rooms at the same hotel at a "low" rate.
Bon Voayge
Old July 26th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are staying at the Inter-Continental Hotel San Juan Nov.30.It was the San Juan Grand previously. It is close to the airport and located on the beach in Isla Verde. I got a good report from a former cruiser. On their web page they have rates starting a around $149.00 for that date.It looks very nice from the pictures on their web site. http://www.Inter-Continental.com The Caribe Hilton is also nice stayed there last November.
Old July 26th, 2001, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Arlenerup,
I've stayed at the Wyndham in Old San Juan, right across from the street from the pier, nice location. Just shop around for the best prices, be sure to mention that you are traveling with a group, that may get you a discount, never hurts to try.
Happy Cruising.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 28th, 2001, 09:13 PM
Admiral

For $$ value, I recommend the Hotel Milano in Old San Juan. No beach, but a great view from the rooftop garden. And it's almost next door to our favorite restaurant, the Parrot Club.

My personal favorite hotel is El Convento, but it's pricey.

If there are kids involved, I would go with the Caribe Hilton which has just undergone massive renovations and is a total delight with the new pool/beach complex.

pamda -- CruiseMates First-Time Cruisers Editor and part-time Puerto Rican
Old August 18th, 2001, 10:33 PM
John D

We just returned from a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. We went down a day early and stayed at the Candada Plazza. I would recommed this hotel. It is about a 10 minute drive from the pier but much nicer than any properties in Old San Juan. It was a $14 dollar cab fare to the pier with all of our bags. We checked on to the ship and then spent about 4 hours touring Old San Juan.