Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default carnival fascination

Taking a "first cruise" on October 22, 2001 on the Carnival Fascination to Cozumel. Has anyone been on this cruise. If so, will you let me know how it was.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: carnival fascination

Hi Bj,
I did find an older members review of Fascination, hope this will be some help:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_carnival/fascination1.cfm>

Here is also a link to some great info if you are going on your first cruise:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Have Fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 31st, 2001, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Hi,

I sailed on her about 3 years ago and she was my first cruise. we sailed southern caribbean for 7 days.

Fascination is a great first cruise. Our service was excellent and the food in the dining room was fine - it impressed me being my first cruise. Since I have sailed Princess - I prefer their dining but I had no complaints while on the ship about dining room food. The food in the alternative restaurant (buffet area) wasn't that great so I stuck to the dining room food.

The ship has a great layout and the atrium is beautiful. The only negatives that I can say about the ship is the colors - they are bright and neon like and the theme - I didn't like old actors/actresses theme - not a big deal.

I burn easy - so while on the cruise during the daytime - I would go near the night club area and sit across from there. There are these big windows with comfortable sitting areas - it was nice to read there when I thought I had too much sun.

I really liked that cruise - I would sail her again.

If you have specific questions - let me know.
Old September 8th, 2001, 12:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

My opinion is don't waste your money on this ship. We along with 16 others in our group had a horrible experience on this ship this past June (2001). If you want complete details you can email me at mmarti18@hotmail.com. I would reccomend
Royal Caribbean as a first cruise experience anytime, we have always had great luck with them. You might want to try out the Explorer of the Seas, believe me there is enough to do on this ship to satisfy about everyone. You can check it out at the following website. http://psp.club.tip.nl/
Happy sailing,
Mary
Old September 18th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Yeoman

We went on the Fascination last winter when it was still doing the 7 day southern caribbean route. I have cruised before, but it was my husband's first cruise.

We enjoyed this ship tremendously! The staff was excellent and the ship was always clean. The food was very good in the main dining room and the other dining areas were good too. The pizzaria was so good, some of the best pizza I have ever had.

The only problem we had with our cruise was with fellow passengers who didn't feel like following set rules. So this has no reflection on Carnival or the ship, in fact we were impressed to see how fastly the crew reacted to the few distrurbances and removed the people from the ship at the next port.

You will not be disappointed with the Fascination.