Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default hi

Hi
Is it true that Cockfighting is legal on the island of Martinique?

Out of these places where is it best to buy fine jewelry at fair prices, Cayman Islands, St Thomas(charlotte amalie), St Martin?

thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: hi

Hi Pete,
Not sure about the fighting, but you can purchase fine jewelery in St. Thomas and also St. Maarten, just be sure to shop at home first, so you know what you are buying and are able to compare.

Happy Cruising.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 10th, 2001, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

hi pete
been to all of these islands.i found a 2 carat tennis bracelet at st martin.for 400.00.some friends that purchased a lot of jewlry checked if for me and said was a great deal.so i bought it.didnt price jewlry at grand cayman,but st thomas for same bracelet i got was about 300.00 more.thanks have a great crusie.we are going next april 7 on voyager.patty
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Pete,

Prices on Grand Cayman generally seem to be a bit higher than on some of the other islands, but the quality of the products seems to be much better overall.

If you go shopping in Grand Cayman, be sure to add 25% to all quoted prices before agreeing to the deal to convert from Cayman Island currency to U. S. currency. The Cayman Islands maintain their dollar at $1.25 (U. S.) on the world's currency exchanges.

While shopping in Grand Cayman, be sure to stop by the booth in the middle of the shopping area for free samples of the <a href=http://www.rumcakes.com> flavored rum cakes [/i] (the Calypso Coconut Rum Cake is my favorite).

Norm.
Old September 27th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Yeoman

I think the jewelery in st. thomas is the best price and quality. I have bought several things from Cardow and Omni jewelers and have gotten a MUCH better price then I would of in the states (not to mention the lack of sales tax which can add up on a fine jewelery purchase).

I know cockfighting is legal on Puerto Rico because we drove by a cockfighting arena on the way to our hotel and I'm almost positive it is legal on St. Thomas too.
Old October 18th, 2001, 11:01 AM
tnmdougherty

I wouldn't shop in Grand Cayman. Everything there is imported from somewhere else! One exception would be the Tortuga Rum Cake. It is to die for!!