Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2001, 10:09 PM
First Mate

Default which cruise line to pick?

About 9 of us will be taking a Caribbean cruise next August. The age range will be 10 to 72. I've done Carnival and would like something nicer. Do we go RCL or Princess? I think we'd be happier not on a HUGE ship since mom has older legs. How about some opinions on lines and boats? Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: which cruise line to pick?

Hi Kathy,
With the wide range of ages you will be cruising on, I'd suggest one of the RCCL's Voyager class ships, all thought they are huge, there is just something for everyone. Another thought would be one of the Princess "sun" class ships, they are smaller and very well layed out. Having recently cruised on Explorer, we just loved the whole ship expierence, it was great. Have fun deciding, its almost half the fun, happy cruising.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 5th, 2001, 01:51 PM
skooter

I love Princess but I think they will use the Grand Princess in the Caribbean this summer. That ship is huge. They may be repositioning more ships in the Caribbean. If you want a smaller ship (but still huge) you may want to look into Celebrity Century which usually stays in the Caribbean for the summer. It's a beautiful ship, the food is fantastic and the cabins are really nice size. Service is great on Celebrity too. But before you commit to anything, definately see which ships are doing the Caribbean this summer. The brochures out may not be current so I suggest working with a travel agent.
Old October 5th, 2001, 08:46 PM
Admiral

I suggest Princess - either the Royal or the Regal - these are two of the smaler ships but have all the amenities of the larger - I think you get better service on the smaller ships - The Dawn, Sun, Sea, and Ocean are also very good.

Ron
Old October 8th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Admiral

I suggest a Royal Caribbean ship. Maybe the Radiance if her 2002 Summer itinerary is Caribbean. She is new but smaller than the Voyager & Explorer. The dome pool is great for grandma and kids, too. Entertainment is great and amenities are varied. Don't forget you are planning in Hurrican season, so make sure your group memebers consider purchasing 3rd. party travel insurance.
Bon voyage
Old October 8th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Passenger

How about Celebrity? They have a good kids club and are more sophisticated than Carnival in terms of the ambience and entertainment. You could select a mid-sized ship (1800 passengers), like Galaxy for a Southern Carribean trip or Centery for Eastern.
Old October 26th, 2001, 11:40 PM
Lillian

Royal Caribbean or Celebrity cruises