Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2001, 08:49 PM
cricket55

Default Condado Plaza Hotel in San Juan-looking for opinio

We are planning to stay at the Condado Plaza Resort Hotel in San Juan pre-cruise. Has anyone stayed there before? Please give me your opinion and review of the hotel and any tips you think would be helpful. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2001, 11:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Condado Plaza Hotel in San Juan-looking for op

Hello,

I stayed in this hotel last year. It was great. I ate at the sushi rest. and it was very good, and the year before I ate at another Italian place there that was really really good. The room was excellent and service was first rate.

I also rented a car from Hertz there.

I will answer any specific questions if you ask me.

Matthew
Old October 18th, 2001, 08:05 PM
cricket55

Thanks Matthew,

What is the beach like. Which rooms are best? Is security good and is the area where the hotel is safe? Where is a good place to eat breakfast that's not too expensive. Is the snorkeling good? Is there good live latin entertainment at the hotel?

Appreciate any info and detailed review that you can give me. Happy cruising.
Old October 19th, 2001, 12:26 AM
First Mate

For good, live, latin entertainment, you might try the El San Juan, also on the Condado strip. It is GEORGEOUS! At least go in & look around. We saw a fabulous floor show there a couple of years ago - a flamenco guitarist who played a huge asst. of various guitar-like instruments from many latin countries. The showgirls were beautiful - all from various latino countries & their costumes were stunning (not topless, but buns were certainly on view!). They also had a latin band in an area off the lobby when we were last there with 2 female, Gloria Estefan-type singers. Don't miss seeing this place!
Re: snorkeling. You will probably find the water at the beaches near the city and on the Condado strip and Isla Verde to be a little rough for snorkeling. There are fair sized waves that can stir up the sand a little, though the water & beaches are very nice. Save your snorkeling for a better place for it on a cruise stop.
Old October 19th, 2001, 12:27 AM
Passenger

Hello Again,

The Beach sucks on most of the hotels in Candado area/Ashford ave. They are small. This has never been a peoblem because the beach wasn't a concern of mine while in San Juan.

The best rooms are at the top, some kind of club level or concierge level. That is where I stayed. They really kiss your ass when you stay there. Seperate check in area and special bar. (Matthew loves ass kissing and feeling important). Make sure youy ask for ocean view. It was one of the best looking beds I ever slept in. Some setup there in the preffered rooms. Big bathroom, walk in closet with a safe, robes to wear.

Security is good and I walk up and down Ashford ave all night long. I don't bring large sums of money with me. Just be smart and you be fine. Once I walked all the way to the Greenhouse resteraunt at 3:30 in the morning to get a cheeseburger. I had no trouble.

I can't remeber where I had breakfast. I ate once there in the hotel I think. I ate at the Mariott too. Cheap I would ask if the Greenhouse is open but it is a little bit of a walk, but I like to walk on vacation so it didn't bother me.

No snorkleing there, wait till the cruise.

Yes there was latin dancing there. And there was a great nightclub there call club millenium. I think it changed names.

Hope this helps.

Matthew
Old October 26th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Lillian

I live in Puerto Rico and I can tell you that one of the best hotels.