Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rainy Season

Someone help, when is rainy season in the Southern Caribbean? I am cruising at the end of November and I am hoping that it doesn't rain a lot then. What is your experiences?
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2001, 11:25 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Rainy Season

It's a lot like Florida's. Rain generally starts to slack off the closer into winter you get. It's really nice for the most part between late Oct. until late spring, when the daily showers start. But look at this year! There's a hurricane right now & south Florida has had LOTS of rain the past couple of weeks, when it usually starts to slack off a little by now. So you can never be sure. By mid June you will certainly have at least one shower a day. By Aug. & Sept. you are likely to have even more. Most of them don't last that long. The ship sails in and out of rain frequently. Now it also depends upon what you call the Southern Caribbean. Antigua & Barbados areas are one thing. Aruba & Curacao, etc., might have a little different pattern. Go to MyTravelCo.Com and they have a weather section over on the left side of the page, I believe. Maybe there will be info. there. You can also look in travel books (like Frommer's Guide to the Caribbean) & they often have avg. rain amounts, etc. So do AAA guides. (Yes, they have them on the caribbean, too.)
Old November 6th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info!
Old November 7th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Hi, Jenn ...

It doesn't rain much at all the in the S. Carib. regardless of the season. Aruba is, for the most part, a desert.

We lived on Aruba for a while in November/December one year and the only time it rained was once when I left the car windows down.

I hate to contradict another CruiseMate, but the rainy season in the S. Carib is about 15 minutes, every now and then. The weather is very different from Florida's weather.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old November 8th, 2001, 10:48 PM
Passenger

Jenn,

I take a cruise every Thanksgiving week. I have encountered about 10 minutes of rain in St. Thomas twice. Both times a huge rainbow covered the island. It generally is good weather unless a tropical wave or depression is around.

9 days till Radiance !!!!!!!

Matthew
Old November 16th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Admiral

We were at St. Thomas on 11/3 and had a down pour for about an hour at Sapphire Beach. It didn't even rain at Maegan's Bay. When we returned to San Juan, Puerto Rico, they had had pouring rain for 72 hours with flooding. You never know.
Bon Voyage and Happy Thanksgiving.