Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2001, 07:35 PM
Mike Mastellar

Default PBI to Port Everglades?

Does anyone know what the cab fare is from PBI to Port Everglades? I can save over $150 pp flying into PBI instead of FLL. I don't think a cab ride would eat up that savings but I am curious to find out.

Thanks;
Mike
Monday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2001, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: PBI to Port Everglades?

I think the cab fare is $90 or so. We almost always fly into PBI because it's less expensive and then rent a car from National ($33-55) and drive down to FLL. One time we just dropped it off and took the bus to the port. The other time we came in a day early and returned the car the next day after dropping our bags off at the ship earlier. Pretty convenient. Takes anywhere from an hour to 1 1/2 hours to drive it.
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:08 AM
jp garnier

Renting the car is the way to go. It also gives you the option of avoiding I 95 and take AIA instead with some sightseeing on the way, ie Boca, etc. Some of the rentals have super weekend discounts and consider one way within the state as local rentals. JP
Old November 19th, 2001, 04:17 AM
shuksan7

You might want to check the TriRail, South Florida's light rail system. Check the schedule. It may work for you and would be a lot less expensive. I've taken it from FLL to PBI and have been pleased. There may be some "unsavory" folk on board but there is lots of security and the train moves at a good clip. There is an easy van transfer from the FLL stop to the airport.

Driving in South Florida can be a zoo.
Old November 19th, 2001, 04:18 AM
shuksan7

oops- sorry- you're actually going to Port Everglades, obviously.

Still, check the website. FLL airport is very close to the port.