Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Browezilla

Default Curacao: Good snorkelling sites.

Hi,

We're heading to Curacao in January, and I'm hoping to find some excellent snorkelling sites there. My preference would be beach based since I plan on renting a car/jeep while I'm there. Can anyone suggest some good "from the beach" snorkelling sites or other sites that are easy to reach via local water taxis. Is Seaquarium beach good for snorkelling?

I guess the long and short of it is that I want to hit the best snorkelling sites, even if that means I need to hire a boat/excursion, but my preference would be to find some good sights accessible from the beach.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Curacao: Good snorkelling sites.

Hi Browezilla,
One time when we were in Curacao, we did a ship excersion for snorkeling, don't know where it was that they took us, but we just jumped off the boat and snorkeled there, it was very good, lots of fish. They even provided bread, which the fish absolutely loved, had a great time, so may-be check your list of excersions on board.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 19th, 2001, 07:58 PM
10X

Probably one of the nicest places to snorkel is in Caracas Bay, but it is only accessible by boat. The water is calm, crystal clear, with lots of fish and a small sunken tug boat. We really liked this place.

You could try the Animal Encounter excursion and try your hand at scuba diving in shallow water. No experience needed and your always with an instructor. You get to feed fish, turtles, and sharks by hand. Don't worry you're protected from the turtles and sharks by a clear wall that has holes in it to push the food through. You can't get your hands through the small holes. Our kids did this and loved it. A video was made of this excursion and it looked like our kids were having so much fun, we're going to do it the next time we're in Curacao.
Old November 20th, 2001, 01:14 PM
browezilla

I received an EXCELLENT pamphlet from Curacao Tourism. As for their "Take the Plunge" brouchure. It lists individual sites with how they can be accessed, the level of proficiency needed, dive and/or snorkel, details of the site, type of sea life, etc. It is excellent!
Old November 21st, 2001, 03:18 PM
First Mate

The Seaquarium beach is very good. Great reef and lots of color.