Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2001, 03:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Trunk Bay/st.thomas

Could anybody tell me the quickest way to get to Trunkbay from the ship?Also, suggestions on who to use there for a great snorkeling excursion?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Trunk Bay/st.thomas

Hi Darlene,
You can do a ship excersion that goes to Trunk Bay, or simply get a cab at the pier and take it to Red Hook Ferry, which will take you to St. Johns. Once there another short cab ride to Trunk Bay. You can rent the snorkel equipment right there on the beach, or if you have your own, just bring it along. A lot of ship tours will end up there just before noon, so if you head out early, less crowds and you can still get back in time for some shopping. You can shop in the downtown area or if you are running out of time, right there at the pier.

St. Johns is a beautiful islands, if you can get there either on your own or with a tour, I'm sure you will love it, enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 30th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Marion Paris

You can do this tour on your own. Think the cab ride was $8pp one way and the ferry was $3 or $4 one way. Wasn't much from the ferry to Trunk Bay and another $4 to get into the park. Total for the day around $30pp. They don't have any snorkeling tours where they take you out on a boat that I am aware of for St. John. Trunk Bay has an underwater path with little signs in the water that you can follow around. If the water is real calm it is great. We were there in November an I found the water too rouch for me. However, it is really a nice day, great beach, etc.

Enjoy!
Old January 9th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

This is really a stupid question but does Trunk Bay rent snorkeling equipment AND life jackets???? Do you think it would be better to go with a ship excursion for snorkeling with a family (grandparents and kids ) of 14? Guess it would be cheaper to do on our own or should we pay for the convenience and ease of ship excursion?
Old January 9th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lori,
No questions here are stupid, we've all been there and done that, so don't worry. Yes, they do rent the snorkeling equipment down at the beach in Trunk Bay, but not sure about the life vest??? I usually do wear one too when snorkeling.

I would definately try to do that on your own with such a large group, will safe lots of money and its relatively easy to get there on your own.

Have a wonderful trip.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host