Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2002, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Default how much $ to climb Dunns River Falls

I've arranged for a tour to see the sights while in Ocho Rios. However our driver says we can get a guide to climb the falls, how much does that cost? Is there a set fee or do we negotiate, what about renting climbing shoes are they special shoes or just water shoes. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Yahoo we are set to sail Sunday. Thanks for all the tips.
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2002, 08:44 PM
Robocop

Default Re: how much $ to climb Dunns River Falls

I 'think' that there is a $6 charge to climb the falls, but that is on your own. How much you can get a guide for I don't know as I have only climbed the falls with a shore excursion group. Water shoes as usually available in your local Wal-Mart or K-mart type store. If they aren't available then just buy a very cheap pair of sneakers or boat shoes. The idea is to help with your footing and also as protection from rocks or sticks or other stuff that your tender feet might find objectionable.
Jim
Old January 3rd, 2002, 02:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

......Jim is 100% right. Get there early though as it backs up quite quickly.

Brian
Old January 13th, 2002, 02:31 AM
mlbcruiser

A pair of old tennis shoes or coral shoes are fine for climbing the falls. As for a guide, if you use one I don't think there is a set fee. We never have used one, finding it more restrictive & not necessary in our case. On trips prior to last yr., it wasn't mandatory to hire one. Last year we noticed there was some effort to force tourists to hire one. We didn't do it, & noticed others who also didn't do it. Believe me, you will not get lost & will figure out what to do just by looking at everyone else. I THINK it was about $9 or $l0 to gain entrance to the park & you had to pay in cash. This couldn have changed by now, though. The park is well kept & lovely. You will really enjoy this excursion, with or without a guide. Have fun!