Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Belize

anyone been here? done the cave tubing? I am trying to make a decision about an itinerary change quick and need all the help I can get...
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Vicki C

Default Re: Belize

When are you going? We will be there Feb.5th, home again Feb.10. I can let you know when we return if that will help. Not many ships have gone to Belize so info is kind of sketchy. Enjoy your cruise.
Vicki
Old January 12th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Admiral

We were just in Belize on the Carnival Pride New Year's cruise, and we took the Rio Wallace and Altun Ha truip, and we loved it! It was an all-day trip. We went up the Rio Wallace in a boat and saw lots of wildlife and native vegetation. Beautiful scenery and a great guide. Then we had a typical Caribbean lunch at a little restaurant beside the river (great food!) and boarded a bus to gfo to the Mayan ruins of Altun Ha. It was New Year's Day and a national bike race blocked the roads for a while and the buses were late picking us up, so our tour of Altun Ha was kind of rushed, but I still enjoyed it. They didn't give us any literature, like a pamphlet or any kind of guide, but it was still very interesting and we really enjoyed it. The dock where the tenders take you to is brand new, with new tourist facilities. Everything was clean and interesting. You can tell that the Belizians are really gearing up to make tourism an even more important part of their economy. All in all, we had a very enjoyable day.
jennifer
Old January 13th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Vicki C

So glad you enjoyed this tour. Was it $49.00? We are going to do this on the Pride Feb 2nd. We have heard nothing but bad things about Belize that it is nice to hear something good. How did you like the Pride?
Thanks again for your information. Did you go to Progresso? How was it.
Vicki
Old January 14th, 2002, 09:01 PM
SueBar

We just got back from the NCL SUN. My husband and I went to Lamanai (which was top notch and truely interesting) but our kids went on the Cave Tubling trip and said it was AWSOME! 1/2 hour jungle walk in the mountains and then into the river and caves. Hidden beaches, fish galore. My son said he wished he had brought a mask as well. Teva's were fine for walking/swimming.

Belize is a friendly country. A comment I made on the NCL card at the end of the cruise was to drop Roatan and add two days in Belize - cave tubing was my first choice before the trip - too many things to choose in Belize. What other one are you contemplating? You do have a 24 hour cancellation if you change your mind onboard; however, the Cave tubing filled fast.
Any other questions, just ask!

Our cruise was awsome for everyone!
Old January 15th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Roe-Z

I too will be going to Belize in September. The boat and bus tour sounds just like what I would want. It states to be a 6 hour tour. What time must you be on land to start? Guess that would tell me if I have enough time to get back to the ship without having to "run". Please answer. I am trying to find out as much as I can. Guess I'm just too excited!!! Thanks.
Old January 15th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Roe-Z

Hi SueBar,
I was interested in doing the "ruins". 6 hour Rio Wallace and Altum Har Maya site. Do you know anything about this tour? Just trying to get as much info as I can...Thanks
Old January 16th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Vicki C

We will be in Belize in early Feb. will write when we get back and tell you about the tour to the ruins. Talk to you later.
Vicki
Old January 20th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA

Hi, my family and I are going on the Pride (carnival) on Feb 16th and we will be stopping in belize. I was thinking about the Cave tubing and Rainforest Exploration tour for us, we have teenagers that are 16 y.o. and 15 y.o. and 15 y. o. Do you think they would like this too? I would appreciate any info you could give me about Belize. We are so excited this is our first cruise!
Old January 21st, 2002, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Suebar - How much was the cave tube trip? How long was the trip and how did they transport you? Will be leaveing on July 19 for a 10 day trip on the Galaxy. Would love to read posts on Belize since there isn't much information. What other side trips are there? The cave trip does sound good. Thanks
Old January 22nd, 2002, 06:16 PM
Roe-Z

Hi Vicki C,

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise. Have a great time.
Old January 28th, 2002, 03:22 AM
Yeoman

Bernie, We are sailing on the Pride 2/16. We plan to do the Cave Tubing! We hear it was a great trip! We are 53 & 54 and we feel like kids! Ya can't cave tube in the state of Delaware!!! Go for it! We're RNash711@aol.com
Old February 9th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Vicki C

Hi,
Just back from the Pride today. Talked to people who did the cave tubing. They said the walk to the caves is for the very fit. You walk for over 30 minutes though the jungle, carrying your own tube and with a light on your head. They loved the tour. I think it would be fun. If I can answer any questions just ask.
Vicki
Old March 25th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Belize

Hi Roe-Z!

We're also going to Belize in Sep. Glad someone else isn't afraid to go that time of the year! ha ha..WE'll be celebraing our 20th wedding anniversary..(we married VERY young)

We're trying to decide between the Altun Ha/Rio Wallace excursion and the cave tubing. So many decisions. So I'm reading as much as possible and emailing people that have already gone for answers to my questions. Been really helpful.

What line are you going on? When in Sep. are you going? WE're going on the Pride..and Sep. 14th..

Laura