Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Yeoman

Default Puerto Limon Costa Rica

Was wondering if anyone has been to Costa Rica before and have taken any of the shore excursions. What is the best thing to do there?
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Bob Boucek

Default Re: Puerto Limon Costa Rica

Carol, We have not been there, but we are going in April this year.The ships have tours, Tortugero Canals, San Jose City tour, Aerial Tram tour of rain foredy, Costa Flores, and River Rafting, white water rapids. There probably many more, there is taxi service available called publitaxis. They can pick you up at the pier and do what ever you want. I emailed them ffor info, they did respond, but their English is as bad as my Spanish. Thier email address is publitaxis@publitaxis.com Good luck. Bob Boucek
Old January 25th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Vicki C

Carol,
If you are into flowers the trip to Costa Flores would be the one to pick. They have a website that is very good. They are the biggest flower farm anywhere, at least that is what I was told. If you do this let us know when you return what you thought.
Vicki
Old January 28th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Yeoman

Hello! My husband and I were there two years ago. We did the Whitewater Rafting trip! (Were ages 51 7 52) First time! GREATEST adventure of our lives! Went last summer in the Poconos of Pennsylvania,....no comparison! Go for it! Have a great trip!
Old February 3rd, 2002, 12:08 PM
Holly

Agree re: whitewater rafting. Heard great things re: ariel tram the Dec.
Old February 3rd, 2002, 08:46 PM
Passenger

I sailed on the Regent Sea twelve years ago and we stopped I believe at Puerto Limon. My friend and I chose to do the excursion that involved riding a narrow gauge train through the countryside and arriving at a banana plantation. Somewhere we stopped at a place with a pool and a there was a lunch set out for us which was also near the beach. Don't know if this type of trip is still available or not, but we enjoyed it. The train was old and pretty neat.