Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Yeoman

Default Belize, what to do if.....

Hi all,

OK, so I will be in Belize on 2/5/02. If by chance I dont want to go snorkel, dive or shop, what does someone suggest I do. I know in Cozumel there is a place called Carlos and Charlies which we dearly loved. If my Momster, and friend and I just wanna go sit and hang out and have a drink and enjoy the view is there someplace people can suggest?

Thanks,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Vicki C

Default Re: Belize, what to do if.....

Michelle,
I have been told that Belize is pretty dirty and there is not much there. If you stay on the ship that day you would probly be pretty much alone and could hang in your favorite bar there. Just a suggestion. Wait until you get on the ship and check out the excursions, might be something you could do that way.
Vicki
Old January 30th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Yeoman

Good idea. I have been looking it over and I am a little hesitant. I have also been looking into companies that offer snorkel tours outside of the ship groups. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO CAN YA HEAR THE MIN. TICKIN!!??
Old January 30th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Vicki C

We are using an outfit called Sea Sports, they have a web page and email available. You might want to check out what they have to offer.
Vicki
Old January 31st, 2002, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Michelle,
Jose and I took the Rio Wallace and Altun Ha excursion. We loved it. You take a riverboat up the Rio Wallace and see all kinds of wildlife and birds. Great guides and beautiful scenery. Then you have a typical Central American lunch at a little riverside restaurant. YUM, yum! It was great. Then you take a bus to the Mayan ruins of Altun Ha where you can feel the presence of that great civilization. After the ruins, you take the bus back to Belize City. There is a brand new tourist center there with great facilities and clean restrooms. They have some tourist shopping right there at the tender dock. We had a great day in Belize!
jennifer
Old February 2nd, 2002, 02:35 PM
Gaines

If you are going to snorkle/scuba dive in Belize, stay away from Blackbird Cay resort. Those people are downright dangerous. We took an excursion with them and they expected us to dive in 6 foot waves. Not that getting into the water is a problem, but you try catching a ladder on the back of a boat that is swinging in a 12 foot arch while wearing 80 pounds of equipment on your back. Needless to say, we refused to dive. They would not return us to the ship until the designated time, so we were pretty much held hostage at their litter strewn "resort" until then. Never again will I use them for a diving excursion, nor would I encourage anyone else to. Then we had to argue with NCL over getting our money back, forget the fact that a whole day was wasted there. But, thats another story....
Old February 3rd, 2002, 01:01 PM
Holly

We did belize back in Dec and were also very pleased with the Rio Wallace and Altun Ha Maya site tour. Thru Carnival it was $65 pp and I don't believe its any cheapper at the dock. just be sure not to get stuck in the back of the boat on the river part. We could not hear the guise, ther is NO PA set-up.