Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Passenger

Default Ocho Rios Snorkeling?

We will stop in Ocho Rios Next month, Carnival Victory. I have done the whole tour thing befor, and this time my wife and I will be going to Dunn's River on our own. After that we would like to do some snorkeling before we head out. Anyone know of any good areas that are fairly easy to get to? Also is there anyplace to rent Ocean Kayacks near the cruse ship docks. The shore tour with the kayacks is WAY overpriced.
thanks --Neil
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Aaron

Default Re: Ocho Rios Snorkeling?

Snorkeling in that part of Jamaica is poor at best. You can rent Ocean Kayaks on the beach about 100 yards to the right of the Dunns River Falls beach, also at the beach below the Sandals Dunns River (also a gfreat way to spend the day)
Old February 18th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Yeoman

hi, would be interested in info for sandals beach, how to get there, and the cost and what it includes...we will celebrate our 30th anniversary while in ochos rios, trying to determine the best activity...do you recommend the "falls" or other things? thanks for the info.
Old February 18th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Passenger

I havve been there before. If you have never been, the falls are neat, although you have to be careful you are actually climbing a flowing waterfall, all smaller steps.

We will climb the falls, and since the snorkeling sucks, I think we will do a bit of kayacking. We are not into the shopping thing anymore, you always come home with a bunch of junk you don't need. Anyone know how much the Kayacks cost?

--Neil