Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Patricia Belzner

Default Belize City, Belize

One of Carnival Pride's new ports of call is Belize City. Been looking for info on what to do & see in Belize. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patricia from Dunedin, FL
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Belize City, Belize

a great website i found is belize.net.

have fun!
mindy
Old March 6th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

another website is www.geocities.com/cruisethepride/, though i don't think the excursion prices are accurate.
Old March 6th, 2002, 04:51 PM
mark mc field

Hello Patricia,
I'm an archaeologist who reside in belize. I offer tours to the Mayan site of Altun Ha or the Belize Zoo. If you are interested in more information contact me at markmcf@btl.net
Mark
Old March 6th, 2002, 07:40 PM
kym

Hi Mark. I've been to Chitinitza (spelling) when we were in Cancun and also Tulum. What can you tell me about these ruins? Also, what is the zoo like. We are trying to dive, but if that falls though, will be seeking other excusions. You came recommended through the chat line... and here you are! We have two young children who may be interested in the zoo. What would you do if you were going to Belize for the day? Thanks!
Old March 13th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Robocop

Pat,
We just returned from Belize and I would recommend the Altun Ha/Rio Wallace tour if you want to see some wildlife and ruins. Lots of nice comments from those that went on this tour. We did the Cave tubing and it was lots of fun and also interesting for those that want exercise and a little adventure while getting wet. Shopping is limited but the prices are very good right there where you reboard the tenders back to the ship.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old March 13th, 2002, 03:38 PM
BASKETLADY

Default Re: Re: Belize City, Belize

Who did you do the caving with?
Old March 14th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Charley

Kym,
I've been to Cheat za neat za (sp) and Tulum too. What's cool about the site we saw in Belize was that they were still excavating it and we got to see workers doing that. Also it was kind of cool to see what the sites would have looked like when archeologists first saw it. At the same time, we saw monkeys in the trees, colorful birds and other wildlife.
We took a small boat up a river to the site and got to see crocodiles and birds there too. The guide we had through the boat was of Mayan ancestry and told some great stories too. Have fun,
Charley
Old March 14th, 2002, 09:57 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Belize City, Belize

Cool info thanks. I'm actually teaching Mayan Civ. when I come back. Looking forward to the ruins if I can get there and not get side tracked! Tally Ho... here I go!
Old April 10th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Ernie Leuenberger

Hey Mark, may want to take you up on tour to Mayan site. Arriving on Carnival Pride Tue, July 9. Could be that all 8 in our party would be interested. Tell me more and include possible rates. What about the tour up a river?? Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2002, 05:42 PM
hallsl

The combo tour of the ruins & Rio Wallace River trip were great. But be warned the 1 hr. 15 min. boat ride turned into a 2 1/2 hr. one as I "captain" kept turning around to look at every iquana anyone spotted. Enough was enough. We got back just in time to catch the last tender out to the ship. We didn't get to look around or shop there at the port which has some nice local things. My husband was very disappointed as he likes to get a hat at every place we go! Very hot even in April!!!
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Familiar Face

If you want to combine a river with wildlife, it's got to be the Lamanai river and ruins tour. From the stats I obtained at Belize's Tourism bureau, Lamanai is the second most popular tourist destination in Belize, after cave tubing. AltunHa Maya ruins are next on that list. We had some good responses about Belize from Major Tom's cave tubing at info@cave-tubing.net and then booked our tours online. Belize is an excellent English speaking destination.
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
First Mate

Great information on Belize. Thanks everyone.