Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2002, 10:51 PM
gobears

Default Captain Marvin's ??

I'm sure I've seen some previous posts regarding the Stingray City tour. I would like to confirm that it is definitely worth booking direct with them vs Carnival. Heard there are smaller groups and a well informed staff. Also, are there any problems debarking in the a.m. if you are not on one of the cruise excursions? I am considering the 8:30am tour. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:38 AM
Sue Sue

Default Re: Captain Marvin's ??

My group of 18 were on a 10:00 tour with Capt. Marvin. It was much better than the Sting Ray tour we took with the ship two years ago. Which tour you go on depends alot on when your ship arrives in Grand Caymen. For us, the 10:00 time was perfect. We were able to get up, get ready, breakfast without rushing. We got into port @ 7:00 AM, gathered in the Atrium @ 8:30 and made it onto a tender by 9:00. I don't know how closey the Cruise line monitors who is ont he first tenders out and if they truly only allow their own shore excursions to go first. We found the Capt. Marvin office by 9:30, paid and were immediatly shuttled over the the boat that took us out. No time was wasted. We finished by 1:00, arrived back to the office area, got a little shopping in, grabbed lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and made it back to the ship on a 3:30 tender. The last tender back to the Paradise was scheduled for 3:45. Not much time to spare here either. We had a great time and I would go again if the opportunity presents itself.
Old April 3rd, 2002, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Captain Marvin's ??

Anybody have the web site information for Capt. Marvins?
Old April 3rd, 2002, 09:12 AM
Craig

Here it is Bill ...

http://www.captainmarvins.com/
Old April 5th, 2002, 08:19 PM
gobears

Default Re: Re: Captain Marvin's ??

Thanks Sue Sue. We're on Sensation April 21st. We are only in Grand Cayman from 7a - 1p. I noticed that Captain Marvin's has a 8:30 - 10:30 tour. I wonder if we'll be able to get off the ship in time to make it there...I would hate to miss the tour because of that. I would think we would be able to get there in time.

Keith
Old April 6th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

Ten times better with Capt. Marvin. Do the "Sea & See Tour" - it's 1/2 day and WELL worth it. It ends with snorkeling at Stingray City.