Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM
marnie

Default Antigua - rent a moped?

Ok, I've read so much about Antigua and the 365 beaches. I thought it might be nice to rent mopeds (scooters) to beach-hop and sightsee. Anyone have thoughts on this? Are the traffic conditions particularly dangerous? Are the roads in good condition? What about the cost and is it easy to find your way around? We rented them in St. Croix and it was the best way to see the island.

In Aruba we rented jeeps and most of the roads on the island are in poor condition and didn't have names. Thank god the island was so small and the one and only mountain was visable from everywhere, or I'd have never been able to find my way back. I'd rather not take a risk like that again.
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2002, 04:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Antigua - rent a moped?

Antigua is a very large island. I have been there as a cruise stop and stayed there on vacation at an all-inclusive. Your best bet is to take a taxi to one of the beaches as they are spread out quite a bit. The island is great with the beaches and the locals are very friendly. I recommend taking the Jolly Roger prirate ship cruise. A blast and you go to a beach which is our favorite. It is called Deep Bay. The Royal Antiguan Beach & Tennis Club is there and that is where we stayed.