Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2002, 06:15 AM
First Mate

Default Passion Island-Cozumel

My husband & I will be in Cozumel in early May. Booked a 4wd Jeep excursion to Passion Island. Has anyone been there or been on this excursion? How is it? Tips, tricks advice?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2002, 04:03 PM
Curt

Default Re: Passion Island-Cozumel

Ann:

My wife and I are going to be stopping in Cozumel at the end of May, I had been thinking about the Passion Island Jeep tour, but am also looking for feedback, I would love to hear how it was after you return.
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:21 AM
First Mate

We did the 4WD Passion Island Jeep Tour in Feb. booked through Princess. IT WAS A BLAST!! You drive on isolated dirt roads through mud and standing water. Take plastic garbage bags to keep your stuff dry and clean. The amount that you get splashed depends on how fast you go through the puddles. You can go slow and stay dry, but if you want to be splashed stop and let the jeep in front of you finish going through puddle, then floor it. We video taped our ride and watching the tape is almost like doing it again. After the mud puddle ride you can either paddle a canoe or ride the boat to Passion Island. The Island is beautiful with a lunch buffet, drinks and beer, floating mats, tables and chairs, umbrellas, beach chairs included. There's also a few venders for shopping and such. I highly recommend this tour.

Kathy
Old May 5th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Pratt & LaNorris

Default Re: Re: Passion Island-Cozumel

Hi Kathy,
This trip sounds like JUST what I am looking for! Please tell me how much the trip cost, how many hours long the trip was, and where/when did you book it. Thanks!
Donna

Old May 5th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Beginner

We booked the tour through Princess on their website. It was $279 per jeep which will holds up to 4 people. One of you will drive so take driver's license. The tour lasted about 5 hrs. We took the morning tour and had time to go back to ship for a quick shower before spending the rest of the afternoon at Carlos and Charlie's. On the way back to the ship we dropped a couple of folks from our group downtown to shop. They shopped their way to Carlos and Charlie's and met us there. Thankfully the ship was docked at the pier right across the street so we could stay almost until time for the ship to leave.

Kathy