Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Passenger

Default Celebrity excursion in St. Maarten

Cruising on Millie June 21st. I wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions for a tour of this island. I have looked through the messages but still havent come up with an answer.
There are two tours offered that my husband and I are interested in. Either the Golden Eagle Catamaran, or the Explorer Cruise/Grand Sightseeing tour. The latter is a combination land and sea tour I imagine.
I have read that the Golden Eagle is very nice ...now i need some suggestions over the tow choices. We are in our 30s.....and want something that will give us a flavor of the island though nothing too strenuous.

Thanks
joAnn
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity excursion in St. Maarten

We took a cab to Orient Beach (about $25) and saw the interior of the island (not pretty, quite poverty stricken) on the trip. Orient Beach is beautiful with plenty of water sports and bar/restaurants to get the flavor of the island. We just enjoy sitting at a Tiki Hut having drinks and munchies. The Tiki Huts are right on the sand, it was very enjoyable. Orient Beach is a clothing optional beach next to a gated nudist camp which spills (sorry for the choice of words) over onto Orient. I wish I had the option to clothe some of the people I saw!

Regards,
Thomas
Old August 13th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Celebrity excursion in St. Maarten

JoAnn which excursion did you end up taking? I'm going in Sept. and I am interested in the Golden Eage any tips would be appreicated!