Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Can I snorkel cheaply in Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, Roat

I'm seriously considering taking Cruisemates Thanksgiving cruise but don't want to have to pay a fortune just to snorkel in Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, and Roatan. Can I get from the ship to good snorkeling at these ports without losing an arm and leg? thanks, Shelley
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Blumoo

Default Re: Can I snorkel cheaply in Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman,

Shelley, I know that if you take your own equipment you can snorkel at a fantastic place in Grand Cayman for free! Eden Rock is a very short walk from the tender area, and has an abundance of fish, coral, and other sea life right from the shore. In Cozumel you san snorkel at Chankanaab Park for the cost of admission to the park which was $10 a year ago. You will have to take a cab there though which was about $8 per cab each way. Chankanaab is a great place to spend the day, so it was worth it to us.
Old May 17th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Alex

Default Re: Can I snorkel cheaply in Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman,

Chakanaab in Cozumel has great snorkeling right off the beach. I think it was 5 dollars to rent the snorkel gear there. It is a beautiful place.
Old May 19th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Can I snorkel cheaply in Cozumel, Belize, Grand Caym

Your advice sounds great about the low cost snorkeling. Is there a beach at Eden Rock? We are going with three small children, so we need a sandy beach, not just rocks.
Sara
Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:05 PM
cruzetime

Default Re: Re: Re: Can I snorkel cheaply in Cozumel, Belize, Grand

The beach at Eden Rock is small and man-enhanced. The waters edge is a little rocky. For a short period of beach/snorkel it is fine. Then you could take a bus/cab to the beach club for $5pp and use the beach facilities for another $5pp unless you want a chair, and then it is more.

Chakanaab is a fun-filled beach with snorkeling for the entire day. Although the beach is man-made, the government did a good job constructing it. The kids will love walking down the stone steps into the water and watching all the small fish swim around their feet.