Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2002, 08:51 PM
tjs

Default What to do in Montego Bay

We sail the Conquest early next year. Just informed Carnival switched from Ocho Rios to Montego Bay. We have two daughters , they will be 9 & 11. Can anyone clue me in on good family shore trips in Montego Bay?
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2002, 02:25 PM
bdcbbq

Default Re: What to do in Montego Bay

I've been researching some and I think we are going to do one of the horseback riding excursions throught the mountains and ending on the beach.
Old August 15th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: What to do in Montego Bay

The snorkel trip we took through Carnival was fun and it stopped at MArgarittaville which has 110 foot waterslide into the ocean and water trampolines - lots of fun! The snorkleing was in the new marine preserve and was very good. If you like coffee try the "High Mountain" coffee we like it better than the famous Blue Mountain coffee. Montego we like better because the people are not as pushy. There are shopps in a mall like area right at the pier. We also took the High Mountain Valley Rafting - much shorter bus ride than the Martha Brae river - and it was relaxing an something different. Rose Hall tour is close by. I'd avoid going back to Ochos Rios on tour - a very long bus ride and you will probably stop there on another cruise anyway. So I'd skip the Dunns River Falls. By the way there has been a lot of unrest in Jamaica and there was a lot of riots and killings in Kingston when we were there in Nov. 2001. We had our radio in the cabin tuned to local radio and it sure didn't sound good so that is one reason I'd advise you to take tours close to Montego Bay. Debbie
Old September 7th, 2002, 04:40 PM
lily

Default Re: Re: Re: What to do in Montego Bay

i'd stay on the ship. Haven't been to Jamaica for over 11 years and the atmosphere was thick enough then....now things are worse. I have no desire to ever go back...