Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default stingrays in nassau

has anyone done stingray city in nassau? We did it in Cayman and enjoyed it, and we are cruising with 10 others this time nad they have never done it. We want to do it with them, but don;t want to be bored. THe celebrity description of tour says there is a beach for sunbathing and a beach bar and that other watersports are available for purchase. Anyone done this tour? How is the beach area and bar and what watersports are available? Also, were there other fish around or just stingrays? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2002, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: stingrays in nassau

I am afraid of stingrays. If you step on one while it is flattened against the bottom, it will snap its tail around and barb you.
Old September 3rd, 2002, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: stingrays in nassau

I haven't done either excursion but from what I've read on this board and others, the stingray experience in Nassau is not nearly as good as the one in Grand Cayman. Hopefully others will post here who've done it.

Cheers,
Michelle B.
Old September 7th, 2002, 12:08 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: stingrays in nassau

I've done the one in Gr. Cayman twice and it's MUCH better than the one at Blue Lagoon Island (off of Paradise Island near Nassau - I believe it goes by different names). That is basically a pen w/some stingrays. It would certainly disappoint you if you had seen the other one first. Also, the snorkeling was not good at all when we were at Blue Lagoon Island. We were generally disappointed w/it compared to the other private islands we have been to that are private for just the cruise lines' passengers and not general excursions. In Nassau other hotels, etc., use the same island for tours.