Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Thanz

Default Grand Cayman question

I have been to Grand Cayman twice, and both times did snokelling excursions which were awesome. I'll be there again in October, and am wondering about the island attractions.

I looked at a map of Grand Cayman, and it looks like the Turtle Farm, Hell, and the public beach at Seven Mile Beach are relatively close together. My question is, if I take a cab to the Turtle Farm, can I then walk to Hell and the beach? Or are more cabs in order?

Thanks,
Thanz
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Bubblez

Default Re: Grand Cayman question

It will cost you a fortune in cabs!!!! Way to far to walk from Turtle farm to Hell and even farther to 7mile. You should rent a car as you can get a car or a jeep for a good price

Good Car rates for cruise ship passengers

There are beach accesses along West Bay road, so just look for the signs.
Old September 5th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Thanz

Default Re: Re: Grand Cayman question

Thanks for the advice! On the island map they look close together, but who can really tell?

Thanz
Old September 6th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Andy B

We were there in March and we took the busses everywhere. They're running all over the place and bus stops are everywhere and it was $1.50 or 2.50 a head, wherever you're going. Very convenient. They're not like busses we're familiar with, just more like minivans with several seats and jumpseats. You just hop in and give the driver your money. Kind of fun really and they get as many people in as they can to maximize their revenue. I thought it was a great way to get around.
Have fun, Andy
Old September 6th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Admiral

The turtle farm and Hell may be a bit disappointing to you. Hell is simply a pile of black rocks . The joke is you mail a post card from there postmarked from Hell. The turtle farm is a bunch of concrete tanks or swimming pools filled with various sized turtles. As much as they make you feel they are doing something "ecological" there, 75% of what they raise is for commercial production of turtle meat. Each is worth about 5 minutes, and not worth missing beach time on 7 mile for.
Old September 8th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Diana

Hi:

Although they look close they are not. You can take a bus from town (Georgetown dock) to the Turtle Farm and then after you visit another bus back. Or you can take one of the tours offered at the dock that take you to both places and will drop you off along the Seven Mile Beach when through.

Enjoy