Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Yeoman

Default Progreso excursion question...Please help!

Hi..
Going on the Pride in a week. We would like to do the bike ride/ruins excursion. They take you to some limestone caves with pools in them. Sounds very interesting. Has ANYONE done this?? I haven't read anyone that has and hope someone can help up decide if it's worth it. Sounds like it, but you never know.

Thanks,
Laura
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2002, 10:01 PM
krayziecr

Default Re: Progreso excursion question...Please help!

I went on the Pride in May and I don't even remember them having that excursion in Progreso. I went on the Uxmal tour. It was LONG and HOT, but pretty interesting.

Chris
Old September 6th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Yeoman

Some people say don't do it..not enough time. Or maybe they mean on your own..don't rent a car. We don't want to spend that much time in a car or on a bus to get there. Course, how many times do u get a chance to go there?
I guess we'll just have to decide if that's what we want to do. I don't know of anyone that's done this excursion..Does that say something??

Laura
Old September 6th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Progreso excursion question...Please help!

I went on the Pride a few months ago. We took the Chichen-Itza tour through the ship and enjoyed it very much.
The only tour re/biking is a "beach blast bike tour"--lasts approx. 3.5 hrs--appears you ride around Progresso , then head for the beach. There is nothing in it re/ any ruins.
If you like history, especially Mayan history and ruins, you should definitely take either the Chichen-Itza or Uxmal tours.
They both entail a bus ride of approx. 2 hr. each way. The bus we were on was modern, a/c and had a bathroom. Very confortable.
We are going back on the Pride last of Sept. with some friends and plan to take the Uxmal tour this time.
I think it is well worth it. Have fun and leave some fun for us!
Old September 7th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Yeoman

Well, I had to look up the excursion again. Thought maybe I was reading it wrong. It's called the Nature bike/ ruins tour under geocities.com/cruisethepride... Maybe it's new and that's why no one has taken it. So we must decide now. Only a few days now. I'm just praying for good weather and that storm stays away from us. Don't think there should be a problem. Have heard they don't usually hit our itinerary.

thanks,
Laura
6 more days til we fly out!
Old September 9th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Hi, Laura ...

If the bike thing doesn't work out, I really recommend going to Uxmal over Chichen Itza. You can see a bunch of photos on my personal website, <http://happysails.com>.

Be sure to come back aftwerwards and let us know what you decide !!!