Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2002, 12:44 PM
Su

Default Where to Snorkel????

We are going on an eastern Carribean Cruise and are trying to determine the best place to snorkel out of our four stops. We will stop at a private island in the bahamas (most likely half moon cay) then St. Thomas/St. John's and finally St. Marteen's. Which of these places has the best snorkeling???? Should we also go and see Coral World?? From what I've read it sounds interesting. Well thanks. bye for now.

Su
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2002, 04:12 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Where to Snorkel????

There is great snorkeling on St. Thomas. We spent a great afternoon at Sapphire Beach. Took a taxi, and set time for driver to pick us up. It wasn't crouded at all. Actually only the three of us, another couple we met on the cruise and a local who told us the best place to snorkel. It was the best snorkeling I've experienced! We've also been to Trunk Bay on St. John. Beautiful beach but I really thought the snorkeling was better at Sapphire Beach. Sharon

Old October 1st, 2002, 04:32 PM
Yeoman

You can get a terrible sunburn on your back if you aren't used to snorkeling in the tropics. Might want to take a tee shirt that you don't care if you bring back.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 09:37 AM
First Mate

Definitely snorkel in St. Thomas. If you think you would enjoy Coral World you can go there and then snorkel at Coki Beach which is right next door. Also, love snorkeling and the beaches on St. John. We went to both Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay when we were there in August and had a wonderful time.
Old October 12th, 2002, 07:44 PM
barbados

Default Re: Re: Where to Snorkel????

If you'vr never snorkeled before, take the ferry from St. Thomas to St. John and try it there.

I think it is wonderful.
Old November 5th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Boz

Default Re: Re: Where to Snorkel????

Coki Beach also offers Snuba. Scuba diving only air tanks are on top and you are teathered for 25 - 30 feet. Check it out. Very fun and a different experience to be under the water for 40 -45 minutes. My wife was a beginner and loved it after some education. They take care of all the equipment and the beach at Coki is not crowded. Take a Taxi from the dock and have a great 1/2 day.
Old November 20th, 2002, 06:00 PM
First Mate

We have snorkeled at St. Maarten, Coki Beach (St. Thomas), and Trunk Bay (St. John). Of those places, Coki Beach was by far the best. There are a lot of fish and the rocky areas on both sides of the bay have a lot of coral and fish. Dog biscuits are very attractive to the fish.