Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Default Stingray City w/Carnival Paradise

Would anyone know what the Carnival Paradise is charging for a Stingray City tour? how long is it through the ship? I found Captain Marvin's website and they have a tour for 2 hours for $34 or 3 hours for $39. Is two hours enough if you go to Stingray City and the Great Barrier Reef?
Any other wisdom you may have about this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Patticake

Default Re: Stingray City w/Carnival Paradise

I went on the Inspiration to Grand Cayman, should be the same tours. There are 3 stingray tours. They only go to the sand bar, no reefs. You really only spend about an hour on the sand bar, but I found that to be enough time to swim, feed, play with the rays. We took the cockatoo Catamaran tour it's 49.00 for 2 1/2 hrs. with only about 40 people on board. It was great. Great crew!!! The other tours are a triple decker cat. for 39.00 2 1/2 hr with 150 people, looked like there was plenty of room on it. Stingray City tour 39.00 40 people on yacht also 2 1/2 hrs. I have heard great things about Captain Marvin. The draw back from taking a tour not offered by the cruise line is you might run late and miss the boat. Hope this has helped you. Any ?'s I'll check back later. Have a great cruise.
Old October 18th, 2002, 09:24 PM
KimP

Default Re: Re: Stingray City w/Carnival Paradise

I've spent a lot of time at Stingray city as we've cruised there alot and we used a timeshare there.

The best experience I had was with Red Baron Sailing Charter but you need to have 6-8 persons to split the cost so its not too expensive. They are amazing, you can even try some sailing if you are interested, they showed me some stuff and I got to experience my sailing fantasy:-)

happy travels