Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2002, 09:22 AM
pat 02

Default Southern Caribbean Excursions

Can anyone help with info on excursions in Barbados or Antigua? Has anyone tried the Atlantis Sub or the Jolly Roger? Is it better to rent a car in St.Maarten or take a taxi,we are a group of six. Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks, Pat
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2002, 10:55 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Southern Caribbean Excursions

We have been to Barbados on 2 cruises.

We went on the Jolly Roger which is a true booze cruise. It was lots of fun with lots of rum punch flowing freely. If you are offended by intoxicated people don't take this excursion, but if not it is great.

We also have done the Malibu Factory tour which is nice.

We did the Jeep Safari excursion in May which was really neat. They modified Land Rovers and put 6 seats in the back and you take an off-road tour of Barbados and see some wonderful scenery.
Old October 29th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Krissie

Default Re: Re: Southern Caribbean Excursions

My best friend and I went on the Jolly Roger 2 years ago. We had a blast. She actually wants to go back to Barbados just to go on the Jolly Roger again. I highly recommend it.

I was the "wench" they selected to walk the plank...it was a ton of fun. They have rope swings and diving boards on the ship to jump into the water from. It is a booze cruise as stated before, but a well done one.

Krissie
Old November 2nd, 2002, 03:21 AM
Randee

I would just take a taxi in St. Martin if you have not been there before. You have to make it back to a tender to get to the ship before it leaves. Also, there can be a lot of traffic at times. I know people who are very familiar with St. Martin and wanted to rent a car but they ran out of time shopping. You do have to allow time to rent and return. 6 people can split the cost of a taxi. Find out from your ships shopping person about good taxi rates.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 03:39 AM
Randee

I would just take taxi a in St. Martin if you have not been there before. You have to make it back to a tender to get to the ship before it leaves. Also, there can be a lot of traffic at times. I know people who are very familiar with St. Martin and wanted to rent a car but they ran out of time shopping. You do have to allow time to rent and return. 6 people can split the cost of a taxi. Find out from your ships shopping person about good taxi rates. With St. Lucia, it can be a long day if other cruise ships are in port wanting to see the same locations. We did the helicoptor and got to see everything, no lines, no waiting. And it only took an hour which gave us a break with all the shore excursions. I would not do one everyday. That's me. Its kind of nice to just have the ship to yourself when everyone else is gone. So, its up to you. I would make my ship day St. kitts. But I don't want to deter you. The other island I would consider a ship day for is St. Lucia. However any island is good if you are having fun with a good group of people. Enjoy. You are going to some great places.
Old November 5th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Boz

We went to Barbados last year and took a half day for 6 on "Small Cats" Catamaran that holds 8 -10. Fabulous day with young guys that know the coast line. Swam with sea turtles and dove on 2 wrecks. Drinks readily available. Very private and personable. Highly recomend at least 1/2 day but they do offer full day with catered lunch.