Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to jankelley
Default How far to Virgin Gorda baths?

Hi everyone: this looks like a swell board. I am taking three teenagers on a cruise soon and trying to save money by doing tours on our own. I am most looking forward to The Baths, BVI. I know you can get a ferry from Road Town to Virgin Gorda-- is the ferry near where the ships are docked? How much is the ferry, and does it leave you off near the Baths, or do you have to take a cab to the site? Is there any problems getting back to the ship on time via ferry?
Any advice would be appreciated. I am not finding lots of info on BVI anywhere.

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2003, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: How far to Virgin Gorda baths?

This is one time I would personally stick to a ship's tour. Ferries in the BVI run on Caribbean time. A 9 0clock ferry may leave at 915 if a local is running late , same goes for your return. Ferry, Tortola to Virgin Gorda, is only a few dollars. If you go to
bviwelcome.com there are links to ferry schedules.
You can walk to the Baths, it is about 2 miles uphill. I suggest a cab, about $3.00.
I will be going in May, I've been to the Baths and will be taking a ship's excursion.
Old April 30th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Stuart Suss

Default Re: How far to Virgin Gorda baths?

9 of us who will be on the Norwegian Dawn will be using Smith's Ferry, package #2 when we arrive on Monday May 12.

http://www.islandsonline.com/smithsferry/

Contact Marjorie, she has been very helpful. For an additional $2 per person over the price of package #2 she has provided transfers from the cruise ship dock in Road Town, Tortola to the ferry dock.

Stu