Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Default 18 year olds and young adults on cruises!

What kind of fun can 18 yr olds expect on Christmas cruises, say, Celebrity cruises? i know there are programs for teens ages 12-17, but i find that 18 years olds, are not too interested in these "teen programs" ( Do you find the age 18 "iffy" for cruises? My anology is that they are not "teens" but at the same time they don't want to be around the "old folks"). What can they do?
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 18 year olds and young adults on cruises!

This is a problem throughout the cruise industry, I think. We were on the Carnival Pride with our son (20), his cousin (20) and his friend (20) last July and there were NO activities for that age group. Supposedly the disco was to be open for 18 - 20 yo.'s only at certain times but Carnival did a poor job (as with many other things on this cruise) enforcing it and there were many younger kids there at those times. It's a tough age - our kids still had a great time though and spent lots of time just hanging out on deck at night. I didn't see any activities for that age group on our three Princess cruises either. Of course, many college age young adults in that age group aren't really interested in organized activites anyway. I really don't know if there is an answer to this...
Old December 8th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: 18 year olds and young adults on cruises!

I'm surprised that On a Carnival ship there was nothing to for the 20 yr olds you just mentioned!
I'm going on a Celebrity cruise and i could only just imagine the lack of choices.
However, i will be cruising during the christmas and New years time so i'd think there will be lots of other families with young adults. This is peak cruising time so maybe there will be more options available.