Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Trudi

Default Drive in Volcanos or Harrison Cave?

Going on the So. Caribbean cruise and was wondering if it is worth going to Harrison cave or the drive in volcano? Would love to hear from anyone who has taken either tours., or any other advice on what to take, going to St Croix, St Thomas, Antigua and Barbados. Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2002, 03:45 PM
BroweZilla

Default Re: Drive in Volcanos or Harrison Cave?

Barbados's Harrison Cave is ok. It's a moderate sized cave, but it doesn't compare to the large caves that we have in the US. If you've never been in a cave, or are really into caves, then this would be ok. Otherwise, I'd spend time somewhere else. I've also heard that the lines can be long "in season".

St. Lucia's drive in volcano is just a few sulfur pots. If you've never seen bubbling sulfur pots, its a bit fascinating, but I wouldn't book a whole excursion around it. After 5 minutes (if that long) you'll be ready to leave. A catamaran ride up to the Pitons is much better.
Old December 10th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Trudi

Default Re: Re: Drive in Volcanos or Harrison Cave?

Thanks so much for the feedback, do you have any suggestions on "must see" excursions? I really don't like the ones offered by the boat but do want to see somethings(we like snorkeling), have you ever tried ship tours?
Old January 5th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Drive in Volcanos or Harrison Cave?

Hi

Harrisons cave is actually quite beautifull compred to others I have seen in the Caribbean and you get to ride through it on trams I have been several times and I never tier of seeing it.

Tour wise you may want to try a company I found on another site glorytours.org it was the best decission we made on our cruise Ricky was our guide and he was excelent so was the tour and the price. One of the great things is that they cater to cruise shp passangers
Old January 5th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Browezilla

Default Re: Re: Re: Drive in Volcanos or Harrison Cave?

There are a lot of things to do on the islands you mention. I'll throw out a few things I've done and enjoyed.

St. Croix: The best think here (IMHO) is Buck Island National Park. It's an underwater National Park or Monument. Really nice snorkeling.
St Thomas: The views from Drakes Seat are awesome. Magens is a great beach (no snorkeling). Coki, Sapphire, and Secret Harbor are good snorkeling sites. You can't go wrong with the snorkeling at St. Johns if you can avoid the crowd (Trunk Bay gets a lot of cruise passengers).
Antigua: Paradise Reef is my favorite, and Nelson's Dockyard is a look at an 18th century Port city.
Barbados. Folkestone has the best snorkeling I've had there, but my results have been very spotty. Horseback riding at Bathesheba is fun, a full island tour is nice, many nice beaches, Welchmans Gully has lots of wild green monkey's, and I enjoyed the Flower Forest.

Hope this helps some, or at least gives you a few keywords to use in searches.

Bon Voyage