Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2003, 07:05 PM
Beginner

Default Belize Weather in February

Hi,

We will be on the Galaxy February 14. Belize is one of our ports and from what I understand, you have no choice but to do an excursion there. We are traveling as a family and the excursion that I am looking at is about $100 per person. I don't mind spending the money if we are going to have a good time but I am worried that we might end up on a little boat in bad weather and or waste $700. From past experience, I believe that I remember that once you pay for an excursion, there's no getting out of it -rain or shine.

Can anyone advise us of the riskiness of taking a boat 1 hour each way from the ship in terms of rough or bad weather. From what I have read, February is the dry season in Belize but it still gets a lot of rain.

Also, we would love to hear from you if you are sailing with us--especially if you have young teenagers traveling with you.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Belize Weather in February

Why don't you email Reggie Trapp. He is the private tour owner for both Cave Tubing and a land tour at Belize. Regtours.net
I am sure he will advise you of normal weather in February and more information on his tours. His Cave Tubing (the teens may love this) is $65 pp and you don't pay until you meet him on shore. Belize is a tender port, so transfer to and from the ship take a long time. Read other interesting facts about Belize on many cruise forums for some help.
Old January 8th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info Nana. I will check it out!
Old January 8th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Spilo

I believe That "Reggie Trapp" E-adress is www. Regtour.com and Not . net

Hope this helps

Srpilo
Old January 9th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Belize Weather in February

thanks, I was trying to do that from memory.
Old January 17th, 2003, 07:30 AM
LindaH

Default Re: Re: Re: Belize Weather in February

We just returned last week from Norwegian Sun, stopping at Belize.
The temperature was in the low 80's, though unfortunately it was raining and very cloudy. Traveled with 12,14,16 year olds. We were going to schedule the tube caving but had heard from many past cruisers that it was fun but COLD! the water in the caves is about 65 degrees. So if you don't mind very cold water this would probably be fun. We took a snorkeling tour to shark ray alley which was just ok. Since the weather was so lousy, the waves were quite high and choppy. It took 45 minutes by boat to get there and by then we were all quite soaked and cold. Of course when you get in the water it actually feels quite good just because the water feels warmer. Please email me if I can answer any more questions!
Old January 17th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Belize Weather in February

Linda,

Thanks for the info. We booked the Shark Ray Alley thing too. Did you feel safe on the boat that took you there? Any problems with seasickness?

How did you like the Sun? The freestyle looks interesting. Did you like it?

Thanks Again
Dee
Old January 22nd, 2003, 11:32 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belize Weather in February

We have booked cave tubing with Reggie for our cruise on the Paradise on 2/23 and are very excited. It is definately an unique experience to be had.