Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Cliff Z
Default Cuban Cigars

Can you buy cuban cigars in naussu?
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Default Re: Cuban Cigars

Here's the deal on Cuban cigars: You can buy them. You can smoke them. But if you are in possession of them within the US states or territories, they will be confiscated. Puff away before you get out of International waters!

Old January 16th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Default Re: Re: Cuban Cigars

ditto what Marc said. Buy them fresh, some stores will roll them while you wait. I guess this makes a huge difference, according to my brother who loves a good cigar.
Old January 16th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Since Puerto Rico is a territory of the USA, can you purchase Cuban cigars on PR? What about Dominican cigars? I have an incentive group going soon.
Old January 30th, 2003, 11:00 AM

Being British Cigar smokers we don't have this problem
This is a suggestion I and a few British travellers gave some American cigar smokers

Buy your Cuban cigars from a shop that rolls their own i.e. in anywhere but Cuba this is

then give the store owner/assistant a big tip if they will let you have some local cigar bands that will fit your Cuban cigars

Change the bands over and take your "local" cigars home then change the bands back over
if you want to pose to your friends or just keep it secret and enjoy them without hangers on wanting a Cuban cigar from you

Old January 31st, 2003, 05:20 PM

Yes, you can buy cuban cigars in the bahamas, they are not a good value because so many tourists want them and will pay for them and the locals make an extreme profit. If you want a good cuban cigar, do your research on the ship and get the address of a good tobacco shop with a humidor section, and purchase quality.
Do not expect them to roll one for you. Loose leaf is not sold outside of cuba, only whole cigars are exported.
Local leaf is usually great though, so do not deprive yourself of a good smoke.
You can not bring Cuban cigars legally into the USA.
Nanatravel, you can purchase great D.R. cigars here, there, everywhere, just be sure they are not stale. D.R. cigars are allowed into the USA.

bring, buy, ca, cigar, cigars, cruise, cuban, fresh, panama, powered, puerto, rico, rolls, smoke, vbulletin