Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RCL VOYAGER vs CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

WE HAVE NARROWED OUR NEXT CRUISE CHOICE DOWN TO EITHER VOYAGER OR TRIUMPH. WE HAVEN'T SAILED ON RCL OR CARNIVAL. WE ARE EARLY 50'S. HOLAND AMERICAN SEEMS TOO STAID..CELEBRITY TOO FORMAL..WE ENJOY LOUD MUSIC AROUND THE POOL..BUT HAVE CONCERNS THAT CARNIVAL MIGHT BE A LITTLE MORE GEARED TO THE 20-30 YR OLDS. WE ARE TAKING OUR 4TH DISNEY CRUISE NEXT WK & ENJOY THE COMFORTABLE CABINS & ALTHOUGH THE ENTERTAINMENT IS REALLY GOOD WE WOULD ENJOY MORE SMALL LOUNGE ACTS. WE ENJOYED NCL LAST SUMMER & WERE REALLY CONCERNED AFTER READING SO MANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS BUT THE FREESTYLE DINING WAS REALLY GREAT & WE LOVED NOT HAVING TO DRESS UP...EVEN TO DINE ON LOBSTER!
ANY INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED..WE'RE THINKING VOYAGER CAT DB...HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: RCL VOYAGER vs CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

Hi Mimi,
I think you'd get a thrill out of cruising on Voyager, but have not been on Triumph. Both my husband and myself loved our Explorer cruise, so far our favorite at this point, but will be trying out Radiance very soon. There is a lot of activities on these mega ships and some great entertainment, we also found the food very good, nice selection daily. I loved the layout of the cabin and had a decent size balcony. You will find that many families and kids enjoy these ships, but unless there is a school break at the time you will be onboard, it shouldn't be any problem.

Let us know what you do decide to cruise on?

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 27th, 2003, 02:19 PM
emgrace

Default Re: Re: RCL VOYAGER vs CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

I agree with Donna that voyager is a beautiful ship. My husband and I sailed on it in 2000 and had a very nice time. I do feel that Carnival has a bit more of a fun-loving atmosphere. We also didn't care for the crowds we frequently encountered on voyager. The cabins are also much smaller than Carnival cabins. It was a bit cramped for us. I suppose it all depends on what your looking for. We tried RCI. But we do like Carnival better.
Old January 28th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Paul E

Try Princess you just may like it!!
Old January 31st, 2003, 01:39 PM
Jerry Edgar

We love Royal Caribbean. It is our favorite. You still get great service and food like on Celebrity but you still can party by the pool. We have been on 3 Royal Caribbean, one to Western Carib., one to Bahamas, and one to Bermuda. All fantastic. I am dying to go on one of their new huge ships. I haven't been on Carnival but I have heard it also is a younger not very refined cruise. Not that that is a bad thing. I would prefer RCI.
Jerry (www.smartbizop.com)
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:39 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: RCL VOYAGER vs CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

Any tip on a Bermuda cruise? We are just starting to plan our next cruise and are leaning toward Bemuda on Royal Caribbean. Not sure if we will like the smaller older ship though.
Old February 17th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Passenger

We have cruised on the Triumph and the Adventure of the Seas. We enjoyed the Triumph tremendously because of the atmosphere. The people really get involved with the games on the Lido deck. But the activity director is what makes this possible also and we felt he did a better job than the director on the Adventure. It's a lot more layed back than the Adventure of the Seas. Adventure of the Seas was also wonderful but had a more sophisticated feeling. If you want a more relaxed cruise, this is the one for you. You'll enjoy either one. Good Luck in deciding. We're cruising on the Carnival Legend, March 2, 2003.