Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default passport needed in belize?

we would like to book our own excursion in belize and were wondering if we need passports to return to the ship.
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: passport needed in belize?

Ruth,
You will need a photo ID and your sail & sign card or whatever the ship uses for that purpose. Belize has special arrangements with cruiseships that a passport is not necessary for cruiseship passengers. All others that enter Belize though are required to have a valid passport. I do strongly advise you to obtain a passport as soon as you are able as I can see the day coming when it will be required.
Jim

Old February 5th, 2003, 05:00 PM
lysolq

Default Re: Re: passport needed in belize?

Just returned from a cruise that stopped in Belize. You will need your cruise card and a valid photo ID to board the tender back to the ship.
While cruise passengers may not need a passport for Belize per se, you will definitely need one in order to board your ship at the port of embarkation. Effective Jan. 1, 2003 most cruiselines are requiring passengers to have valid passports or they will not be permitted to board.
Old February 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
martinimomma

Default Re: Re: Re: passport needed in belize?

WHAT CRUISE LINES ARE REQUIRING PASSPORTS? WE ARE LEAVING 2-13 AND I THINK ONE IN OUR PARTY HAS ONLY DL AND BIRTH CERT. -- your information would be quite helpful, thank you.
Old February 9th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Browezilla

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: passport needed in belize?

I believe for all Caribbean cruises, a certified (raised seal) birthcertificate and govt. photo-ID is sufficient. But as mentioned earlier, I would advise you to go ahead and get a passport. It is the safest ID to have if you run into trouble off the ship.
Old February 10th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: passport needed in belize?

I applied for my passport today and it was a relatively painless process. My DH has been bugging me for two years to get one and I kept putting it off. But I agree I see it coming that we will all eventually will be needing them.

Lisa
Old March 7th, 2003, 10:28 PM
clay b

I recommend a passport. I got mine last year and used it on my cruise in Oct. It was a breeze. Worth the money. Good for 10 years, I think.

Happy Sailing,
clay
Old March 8th, 2003, 08:45 PM
TexasAnn

I'm also chiming in on the benefits of a passport thing.
We got our specifically for our cruise last year, but I've used it lots of times for ID when flying... it's never given a 2nd glance.

Ann
Old March 17th, 2003, 07:23 PM
VickiC

I also think everyone should have a passport. What if something happens and you must stay behind in one of these countries? A passport is a must in this day and age.
Vicki
Old March 18th, 2003, 06:32 PM
MichelleM

Check out www.regtour.com for private excursions in Belize. He does a great cave tubing trip and does snorkeling trips too. Very personable guy with very reasonable prices.

No you don't need a passport to cruise, yet. We have ours because it is easier and we travel alot. They are good for 10 years and make me feel more secure in case something would happen at one of the ports and we would have to stay behind.