Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to GARGOYLE2K
Default DESTINY APRIL 27TH-ADVICE NEEDED

I am scheduled to leave on the Carnival Destiny April 27th....I am leaving a day early to stay overnight in San Juan,PR where the ship departs the next day...I am going to St Martin,Aruba,Barbados and Martinique...I was wondering if anyone had any advice..I am 29 years old and going by myself...I am then staying in PR two days after cruise is over....wanted to know what to see..where the good dance clubs are..what hotels are highly recommended and what kind of shopping deals I should be on the lookout for through out my trip.....any assistance would be helpful.....thanks

Post Edited (02-09-03 21:38)
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Browezilla

Default Re: DESTINY APRIL 27TH-ADVICE NEEDED

Visit the country side of PR. It is beautiful with a beautiful coastline. The mountain range going E-W through the middle is beautiful. The coastal cities are also very nice. The Camuy Caves are interesting. Of course then there's always El Yunque and Old San Juan. I've never been to dance clubs there so I can't speak to that aspect of it.

As for lodging, if you tour the island, you can't beat the price of the govt run Parador's, but you can beat the quality :-)

BTW: Check out Fodors.com and Frommers.com. They can give you lots of ideas
Old February 23rd, 2003, 04:27 PM
yo_philly

Default Re: Re: DESTINY APRIL 27TH-ADVICE NEEDED

I was hoping to ask when you returnif you would share your info w/me I am doing the same as you but Ihave to wait until 9/14/03 so anyinfo you could share with me would be so much appreciated thanx
Don
Old March 3rd, 2003, 09:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: DESTINY APRIL 27TH-ADVICE NEEDED

Hi! I will be single on the Destiny on the 27th also! I'm coming in the day of the cruise and leaving the day we get back! Just wanted to let you know you are not the only single going to be on board! Are you m/f? I'm slightly older then you but very young at heart!!

Kay