Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Yvonne

Default Cozumel-Party Boat or Jeep?

We're trying to decide what to do in Cozumel - party boat, rent a jeep or taxi to various beaches. We tend to like independence while travelling. But, since we have never been to Cozumel, we're confused as to what to do. We like to party and want to snorkel (we've never snorkelled) and we are both a very young 40. My husband's Valentines present is parasailing and I think we can do this on the party boat beach. Help!
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2003, 08:37 AM
justus

Default Re: Cozumel-Party Boat or Jeep?

We've done the pary barge thing in Cozumel twice. Very festive and fun, if you like music, dancing and Margritas. They take you to a beautiful beach where you can snorkel, swim or just relax. This was our first experience at snorkeling and we fell in love with it. The trip back to the dock is when you get to do the partying. They play drinking games and even did a pinata for the girls. Best Margrita's I've ever drank. Hope you have a great cruise.
Ruth
from Texas
Old February 18th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Jay Murphy

You can rent a jeep for the day on Cozumel at Hertz for $70.00. That will take you around the island with plenty of time to hit every bar and beach along the way. Just fight past all the other "hawkers" that want to give you the deal of the century to rent their jeeps for $90.00 a day. The Hertz place is about two blocks (to the right) from the main dock where the cruise ships come in. If you continue going right on the road (there is only one) you will run into a place called San Francisco Beach. They offer parasailing there along with jet ski's. Food there is ok too. Further around the island (on the other side) is Rasta's and Coconut's. Between the two there are plenty of spots to pull off the road a little and do some body surfing or just sit alone on the beach. If you stop at Rasta's (on the water side of the road) look for our shirt hanging from the roof. It says "City Workers" from Wyoming and Wayland, Michigan. Have a blast.
Old February 25th, 2003, 01:24 PM
newcrzr

i wouldnt think you would want to be back out on the water after gettin off the liner, i would if i were you rent a jeep, you can have alot of independance with that