Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Capt Marvin or Capt Bryan?

My husband and I have booked our first cruise for Jan 04 on the Grand. So excited!!! Which is better for the stingray snorkel, Capt Marvin or Capt Bryan (spelling is not my thing <g>)? We've never snorkeled before. Also in Cozumel we are considering the coral snorkel. Who should we book with? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2003, 10:10 PM
jodyLee

Default Re: Capt Marvin or Capt Bryan?

I guess it depends what you are looking for. I personally enjoyed Captain Bryans because its a Catamaran trip, you sail to the sandbar to swim with the stingrays rather than a diesel motor boat. There is a really nice photo of the Hannibal, Captain Bryans Catamaran here Captain Bryans Hannibal Catamaran

We had a wonderful trip, only about 16 people and the catamaran is a 50ft! Loads of room, you can lay out and tan or if you want to be in the shade there is a nice covered area. Stingrays are really amazing. It was a wonderful trip!
Old February 18th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Jay Murphy

We just got back from a cruise on the Grand Princess. While in Grand Cayman we did the snorkel/Stingray City thing with Captain Marvin. I read another review where the person did Captain Bryan. I think that person makes a good point about the clean quiet Cat vs. noise and smell of the diesel that Captain Marvin uses. HOWEVER, when we went there were only 10 people on the Captain Marvin boat and the Captain Bryan Cat was PACKED. Everyone on our boat commented how lucky we were to be with Captain Marvin. We had a great time and the two guys from Captain Marvin went way out of their way to make sure everyone got a chance to feed and play with the stingrays. Captain Marvin also had a diver on-board that did a underwater video of the whole excursion. While his price for the video was high ($45) it has served as a great memory of the event. Bottom line, Captain Marvin gave us a great experience and I would use them again if I get back there.
Old March 2nd, 2003, 10:24 AM
Reina

Definitly CAPTAIN BRYANS!!!! We've gone on the Catamaran 4 times now. We've used Marvins before, pleasant enough but the Catamaran is exceptional!!!

We vote for CAPTAIN BRYANS!!!!!