Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2003, 08:49 PM
Lacey

Default which is better way to spend day Kon-Tiki Party cruise or Tr

If you could choose one would it be Kon-Tiki Party boat St. Thomas or Trunk Bay ST. John's we have one afternoon and trying to decide which one to do Norwegian Sky is docking for from 8 to 5
T
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Lisa & Larry

Default Re: which is better way to spend day Kon-Tiki Party cruise o

I have heard that Trunk Bay is really something to see. However, as 'party' people who love to drink, we chose the Kon-Tiki...more 'free' booze!

Lisa & Larry
Old February 23rd, 2003, 05:55 PM
Marrianne

Default Re: Re: which is better way to spend day Kon-Tiki Party crui

I'm waiting on an answer to this one too! I'm going in 4 weeks, and was thinking of pre-booking the excursion...love the idea of the Kon Tiki cruise..but always wanted to see st John....hmm..decisions..decisions

I'm thinking along the lines of relaxing at st Martin, and going with kon tiki at St Thomas
Old February 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
Lacey

Default Re: Re: Re: which is better way to spend day Kon-Tiki Party

Hi,
Yes I was sorta thinking of having a beach day at St. Martin too but then I am torn because everyone says St. John's beach is not to be missed. Everything I have read about Kon-Tiki sounds like lots of laughs.
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: which is better way to spend day Kon-Tiki Pa

everything you have heard about Trunk Bay is so true it is the most beautiful beach. Sparkling white sands, turquoise blue crystal clear water, a great marked snorkel trail. I would flip-flop your ideas, spend the day at the beach in St. John's and then do a party-boat tour in St. Marteen, or try the sailboat races in St. Marteen.
Old February 26th, 2003, 04:19 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which is better way to spend day Kon-Tik

BY ALL MEANS DO NOT MISS TRUNK BAY!!! It's GEORGEOUS! Not only that, you will enjoy the ferry ride over and see many beautiful views. Kind of a "so this is what mother nature had in mind . . . . " feeling. But that doesn't mean you can't go over on your own, stop at a bar and have a few. Or some in St. Thomas in the afternoon once you are back in Charlotte Amalie. (You can arrange to have time in both places, you know.) C'mon! You can drink ANYTIME! You many never pass this way again! In St. Maarten is NOT that great of a place to snorkel. We spent a wk. there once, and have been many times on cruises since. You can go to Everyt'ing Cool and get loaded on St. Maarten. You won't really see the much of the beauty of St. Maarten or experience the multi-cultured charm of it (like dancing at Cheri's or sitting at a french cafe in Marigot at NIGHT since you can't on a cruise) unless you have your own car and can roam freely. I love St. Maarten, but St. John, USVI is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Don't miss it for a few hours of oblivion!
Old February 27th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Marrianne

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which is better way to spend day Kon

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Sounds like I will be flip flopping my ideas (with the other halfs approval of course!)

I'd hate to miss St John because of partying..what WAS I thinking...oh yeah, I know lol
Old March 15th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which is better way to spend day

Having done both, I can only say we had a great time on Kon Tiki - BUT if you can only do one Trunk Bay is one of those not to be missed spots, though Maegen's Bay early in the morning with the pelicans is a close second. The beaches in USVI are magical.

Whichever you choose, enjoy.

Old March 15th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

My vote also for Trunk Bay, just an island and beach worth seeing, its beautiful.....

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 15th, 2003, 11:34 PM
thoth

the biggest problem that I had with St. John USVI was finding cheap and gaudy souvenirs. that should tell you something.!! Most of the island is a US national park. Due to this fact it has an atmosphere of serenity and degnity that is not found other places. if you love nature, this is your kind of place.
Old March 16th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Christy

We did trunk bay snorkeling in the morning, and went shopping in St. Thomas in the afternoon. If I had to do it over again, I would spend the WHOLE day at St. John, snorkeling and sunbathing. Trunk Bay is so wonderful. The island is so precious, I almost felt like Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon.... haha, if it weren't for all the other snorkelers and beach bums (and the fact that I am not 5'9" and 100 pounds).

TRUNK BAY TRUNK BAY TRUNK BAY
Old March 17th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Passenger

mlbcruiser-were going on 4/12 constellation & definitely going to St Johns via ferry - would it make more sense to get on ferry in Charlotte Amalie (I think were due in at 8AM) says a ferry leaves Charlotte Amalie at 9AM & is a 45 min ride but my sister just got back & couldn't get on at Charlotte Amalie & opted to taxi to Red Hook & ferry from there. We want to spend the entire day at St.Johns as our daughter lived there for 7 mos & she absolutely loved it!! She would ferry from Cruz Bay to Red Hook to pick up her essentials weekly & never ferried into Charlotte Amalie so she doesn't have a suggestion for me - were planning to hire a private couple she knows to sail & snorkel the day. For the people who like to party there is a bar our daughter worked at called Woodys (it is a small hole in the wall type) but lots of fun! & happy hour is $1 beers She did say alot of tourists hit it & have a riot. We will be going there for a few as well just to see what she did for the time she was down here!
Old March 17th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Karon L.

I vote for Trunk Bay...last July I spent the morning in St. Johns snorkeling Trump Bay and it is a sight to see. NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!!

I will be going to St. Thomas in September and I hope to see Magens Bay/Paradise Point while I am there.
Old March 17th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Karon L.

I vote for Trunk Bay...last July I spent the morning in St. Johns snorkeling Trump Bay and it is a sight to see. NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!!

I will be going to St. Thomas in September and I hope to see Magens Bay/Paradise Point while I am there.