Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2003, 01:34 PM
jack2

Default how hot in the summer??

I have only cruised during the winter months. This year, I want to book a cruise for me and my 2 small boys around July 1st. Are the caribbean cruises unbearably hot - or are they tolerable. Also - I assume Bahamas and Bermuda would not be as hot as a western or eastern caribbean - is this true? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2003, 06:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: how hot in the summer??

Not that hot. It's the humidity that varies between summer and winter. Florida is usually hotter than PR and the Virgins on any particular day.

That said, if you are from the northeast, then it will feel warm. Of course on those days you would melt into your shoes in the deep south.

Dress for Florida and take a wrap for the evenings. Airconditioning ashore and sea breezes underway can be relatively chilly.
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: how hot in the summer??

one of the main things we found was that the beach sand and the ships decks get really, really hot. You notice the heat the most when you are walking around town. The beaches usually have a sea breeze and the water to cool you off. Same for the ship, a nice warm breeze. The islands compare to southern florida and southern texas hot if that helps any.